Cuddles and Laughter Are the Best Kind of Honey

Here's to the first chapter! 🥂 And how could I not kick this off with a good-old-fashioned fandom inside joke? I hope you enjoy it! 🌈❤️🐝

˗ˏˋ ꒰ ♡ ꒱ ˎˊ˗

    "Have I ever told you that you look like a bee?"

    This question caught the Nightmare King very off guard. After a moment or two he chuckled softly at the multicolored steve that lay on top of him, wrapped in his arms.

    "Uhm, no?" Nightmare questioned, curious as to where this sudden observation came from, and where this was going. "Why...?"

    The little angel hummed, starting to trace the outlines of the black spirals and cracks of shadow stone that ran along Nightmare's shirtless chest. He allowed a few moments to go by before looking up into his cuddle partner's ruby red eyes; a playful glint shone in his own.

    "Oh~... no reason!~" Rainbow Steve smirked.

    "Mhm, of course." Nightmare rolled his eyes at the other. He knew how much his "mortal enemy" liked to tease. He assumed it was some kind of playful revenge for all the times that he teased the living hell out of Rainbow, back when they still fought. Before that truce, the one that had eventually led them here, like this. Laying in Nightmare Steve's bed - one in nothing but sweatpants and boxers, the other wearing rather small pajama shorts and his partner's yellow-and-black hoodie (which is way too big for him) - cuddled close, just breathing each other in, enjoying the perfect company.

    "What's the real reason this time?"

    Rainbow gasped, dramatically placing his hand over his heart, as if anything could make him even more of a drama queen than he already is. "You don't believe me???" he exclaimed in fake disbelief.

    Nightmare laughed in amusement before responding, "No, because I know you. Duh." Another exaggerated gasp from the other Steve.

    "How could you? I cannot believe this!" he jokingly wailed, like some black-and-white 1960's soap opera. "I might as well just pack my bags and leave!" And with that, he promptly rolled out of Nightmare's arms and onto the other side of the queen sized bed, turning away from him.

    Now normally Nightmare would give in and keep pressing (which usually led to the Steve having to kiss the answer out of him), until Rainbow "found it in the goodness of his heart" to give up, which never took particularly long. Such is exactly what the multicolored Steve had expected his rival to do once again. However, the latter had a different idea in mind.

    Nightmare breathed out a long, slightly exaggerated sigh. "Well then, I guess that's that," he admitted dramatically, and turned away from the other. About 5 seconds of silence. And then...

    "Wait no you weren't supposed to do that-" Rainbow said once he had processed what was happening. Nightmare burst into laughter as his partner tripped over himself in the process of sitting up, coming back over, throwing himself onto him, and tried getting Nightmare to turn back over towards the Steve, all while whining for his attention. "Noooooooo come baaaaaack-"

    Nightmare smirked and stated, "I'll come back when you're ready to tell me~"

    "Fiiiiine," he pouted. The former king rolled around to face Rainbow, a smug look written all over his face.

    "Alright, I'm listening. What's so important about you thinking that I look like a bee?" Rainbow sighed and layed back down on his side.

    "Well, I just thought that because you look like a bee..." Rainbow cupped Nightmare Steve's face, squishing his cheeks cutely.