Chapter Five:

~ Chapter Five –

T

he following morning and I was surprised when I saw a bright, shining black Bugatti Veyron pulling up in front of my house. I rolled out of bed, rubbing my head as my head throbbed painfully. I raised my hand to place it on the side of my head and walked over to the window on the other side of the hall and looked out. I gasped when I saw Darcy get out of the driver’s side of the car. I heard my phone vibrating on my bedside table and I walked back in, but not as fast as what I normally would have done because of the throbbing headache that I had. I picked it up and blinked a few times before opening it up and read the message.

Hey. You up? It was from Darcy.

I am now. Did you feed from me last night? Because my head is throbbing like no tomorrow, I said to her. I looked down as she walked up to the front door and I saw her gasp.

What are you talking about?! Someone fed from you and you don’t remember it?! She said and I heard the front door practically slam open before my mother could actually open the door and I felt her beside me a few short seconds later.

“How could you not remember it?!” she nearly yelled at me and I took a step back from her.

“I don’t know, Darcy! Now don’t yell at me damn it! Mum doesn’t know that Aldwyn bit me that first time,” I said ignoring the twinge in my heart when I said his name.

She scowled at me and I scowled back, refusing to look away when her fangs were suddenly beared to me. I placed a hand cautiously on her shoulder. She turned her gaze away from me and looked down at my neck where she raised a hand to my neck. I looked at her curiously before she looked up and met my gaze for a second.

“Let me see your neck,” she said and I tilted my head to the side, exposing my neck to her.

She raised her finger to the tender flesh where my neck joined with my shoulder and lightly ran her finger over it. I shivered slightly as her fingers ran over two slight bumps in my flesh. I heard her swear and I looked at her.

“What?” I asked her as she moved her hand away and it flew to grab her phone.

Her fingers flashed across the keypad of her phone and she pressed the call button. Whoever she was calling answered their phone after the first ring.

“What the hell were you thinking?!” Darcy demanded as she walked out of my room and into the guest room beside mine. I went to follow her but she held up her hand and I stopped following her and stayed where I was until she spoke to me.

“You’d best get ready for school, Asha,” she said to me before shutting the door, leaving me with a confused look on my face as I stared at the closed door in front of me.

I shook my head at her before going back into my room and went sifting through my wardrobe. When I couldn’t find anything that I wanted to wear I just grabbed a towel from the linen press and headed for the shower. I let the water run over my tensed up muscles and sighed as the water ran over my skin. When the hot water finally died out, I got out of the shower and got dressed back into my pyjamas. I heard Darcy open the spare bedroom door and she looked at me as she walked over and into my bedroom. I followed her and gasped when I saw her throw a dark brown turtle neck jumper and a pair of jeans at me.

“What-” I began but she spoke over the top of me.

“Just trust me today, okay? After today you can sack me from my daily job of dressing you properly,” she said and I scowled at her as I walked back into the bathroom and got dressed.