{Barking Up the Wrong Tree}

Previously...

"You're just another scavenger, like the rest of them." Thorn Rose shouts as she and Lyn charge at Sonic. In a flash, Sonic gets knocked backward in slow motion.

Flashback

"Can I open my eyes now?" Sonic asked as he was covering his eyes with his hands.

"No, Sonic, not yet," Amy said, chuckling. Stormi giggled at her brother.

"Relax, big bro! We're almost there!" She said while guiding him to the surprise.

"You guys better not be tricking me into the water again." Sonic groaned.

"No trick, Sonic. Trust us. You're gonna love it." Amy says. After a few more seconds of preparation, Amy spoke up.

"Okay, open them!"

Sonic opened his eyes, revealing that the gift was a Palm Tree. Tails, Knuckles, and Big were already under the Palm Tree.

"Ta-da!" Amy says happily. Sonic looked confused at the tree.

"You guy got me...the Palm Tree?" He asked. "So it is a trick."

"No, Sonic, it's not a trick," Amy says.

"But I already have a Palm Tree." Sonic says before pointing at the other trees. Stormi rolled her eyes.

"The gift isn't just the tree. It's all the memories we've made around that tree." Amy explained.

"Like that time when you bet me I couldn't fly up to the top by the time you ran home and back."Tails say. "You still owe me, by the way." He chuckled.

Knuckles nudged the tree with his fist, a coconut fell but he caught it. "And the time we worked together to make Amy that coconut cream pie."

Rouge flew near the Palm Tree. "Or when I saw you buy a coconut cream pie and tell Amy you made it." She said before flying down and taking the coconut from Knuckles.

Amy glared at Sonic, who chuckled nervously.

"Or that time I laughed so hard, chili shot out my nose." Big laughed. "I still can't smell."

Stormi turned to Sonic with a smile.

"Or the time you taught me how to do your spin attack!" She said.

Amy placed her hand on the palm tree. "Yeah, really good times. Right, Sonic?" She turned to Sonic.

Sonic walked up to her and the others. "Come on, guys, don't you think you're all being a little bit too...I don't know...sentimental?" He said before laying down on the picnic blanket. "Look, I get it. Tree. Friendship. Memories." He stopped mid-sentence as he noticed Big holding a bunch of Chili dogs. "Chili Dogs!"

He went over to Big and began to eat the chili dogs while Amy and Stormi watched. Stormi shook her head. "Why am I related to him?"

"I guess you don't get it, do you, Sonic?" Amy said in a disappointed tone.

Flashback Ends~