The Very, Very Loose Guidelines For Submissions

Alright, if you want to take a shot at publishing in the SPOT Lit Mag, here is what you need to know.

(Guidelines are first, then Submission Rules. The Place to Submit is on the next chapter)

* * *

Very, Very Loose Guidelines

(More details are under "Submit" at spotlitmag.com)

• If your work has already been published in the SPOT Lit, please do not submit that work again. You may submit different works that have not been published on the SPOT Lit.

• I will accept previously published and forthcoming works as long as those literary magazines will not chase me with fire and pitchforks, demanding me to take the works down. There is something called First North American Serial Rights (FNASR) and specific demands to keep your work exclusive. If any of these instances apply to your work, please don't shove me into the fire. We're just here to have fun and form a little community. I don't know how or want to handle fire and pitchforks.

• You don't have to follow this account. In fact, don't follow this account. It will make me cry. Go follow my other account BTSXPRESS if you really want to. This account is just my alt. People following this will make me shed blood tears of sorrow.

• You can only enter your own works.

• Your work has to be in English unless you want me to run it through Google Translate, which I don't mind doing. Also, your work cannot be a translated version of another story you didn't write. If you get permission to translate and publish, that is different.

• I don't care how many works you submit. You can submit anywhere between zero and infinity.

• If you are sending multiple submissions, fill out multiple forms.

• There is no word count. I don't care if the piece you submit has 1 word or 50,000 words (please don't submit 50,000 words to torture me, though). I will take any length.

• I do take fanfiction, but there is a caveat to that. I will only take fanfictions from certain fandoms. If you have fanfictions for Harry Potter, manga, or other intellectual property, I cannot publish it. I seriously can't legally publish them. 

• I do prefer original works, though.

• You can submit poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction, screenplays, etc... Basically, you can submit anything that has word on it.

• Please refrain from submitting works with explicit sexual content. Also, if your story romanticizes rape, kidnap, violent behavior, incest, abuse, etc... there is a high chance I will not accept it (Romanization means that the character who is kidnapped falls in love with their kidnaper. Or the victim falls in love with their rapist. Don't be like Hajime Isayama. Don't romanticize these themes.)

Please try to make your work as polished as possible. I will personally edit your work after deciding whether to publish it and communicate with you through email, Wattpad DMs, or whatever you find comfortable. If your story uses Y/N characters, does not have proper grammar, and has many mistakes in general, I will most likely not accept it.

• Lastly, I am here to work with you. In the past, I know that has not been the case. I have grown up, and I have learned my lessons. I am not here to tear your work apart or ruin your self-esteem. And if I do do that, hit me back. Yell at me. Call me out on my bullshit. My goal here is to help you and learn how to better myself, as well. This is a mutual effort.