heart2heart

Night had soon fallen on Chen's Island, peace enveloping the land. The moon hung low in the star-ridden sky, its silvery glow casting a shimmering pathway upon the calm sea below. A gentle breeze rustled through the, still not closed, curtains in a certain ninja's room amongst the tournament home. It was relaxing to hear the soft sound of waves crashing and trees swaying, something he was only just getting used to.

The first night felt the strangest. Being away from home wasn't something he was new to, but being in a place he wasn't sure of definitely played with his nerves, especially since he knew his friend was locked somewhere nearby and was likely taking part in a very illegal fight club. The toughest part may not have been finding Zane, like the team had planned, but rather fighting those they weren't even supposed to be against, including each other, which was bound to happen at some point.

The thought of fighting his own friends made him feel uneasy. It wouldn't be the first time, but in the past there's been a reason. This time, what reason did they have?

The island was beautiful, however, perfect for a future holiday destination if they were to ever win and defeat Chen. Luckily, he didn't seem that hard to beat but Garmadon insisted that his partner in crime, Clouse, had dark magic, which only made him feel worse about the situation. So many people had fallen for Chen's convincing invitation. What if Zane wasn't even here? What was being hidden?

The fresh air coming through his balcony door proved to be working very little to calm him down. Perhaps he needed a drink. One thing Chen had failed to provide in everyone's specialised rooms was a decent sink so it meant he had to go searching for somewhere to get at least a bottle of water.

The rooms weren't even that great. They were mostly based off their powers, and since his was earth, it meant his room would likely be less comfortable than everyone else's. Why couldn't he have been the master of awesome mattresses or feathered pillows? The pure stone his bed was made of proved to do his back no good when he attempted to sleep so it seemed he wasn't going to get a good rest at this tournament at all. It's not like he could room with anyone either.

Kai kept to himself. This was probably because he missed Zane, and, sure, they all did, but the fire ninja seemed to miss his frosty friend more than anyone. The two were definitely close before the final battle with the Overlord. He hadn't really spoken to anyone since then, including the earth ninja himself. Kai was a good person, and he'd let his friend stay in his room if he was asked but it would only end up being awkward in the long run, especially since red had been so quiet.

Lloyd would, too, let him in, but Garmadon was already sharing his room with him in secret and didn't wanna risk either of them getting caught.

One person he could never dream of asking was Jay. Knowing him, he likely had the best room out of everyone as lightning meant so many cool things such as electronics - meaning he was probably having the time of his life all on his own. Sure, Jay would typically let anyone in, maybe even someone that wasn't a ninja if need be, but the earth ninja was most definitely at the bottom of that list.

Switching the room light off, he opened the ridiculously tall and wide door into the large hall. Almost everyone else's lights were still on, except two. One of which he was sure was Jay's. Sighing, he closed the door behind him quietly and started heading down the hall to where he remembered the stairs being.

It didn't feel right. Not just the tournament itself and how they were doing this just to get their friend back, but how split the team still felt even when they were back together. Part of that feeling was his own fault.

After the team broke, he had so much time to think over everything, including the stupid arguing he'd done with the person he once considered his best friend. He never blamed Jay for being upset, and he wasn't entirely sure why he argued back himself, but thinking back to it all now felt so dumb. Neither of them had seen Nya in a long while either, so what's the point in still fighting?