He Yan was drinking water while listening to them talk. When he heard this, he spat out a mouthful of water and almost choked.

Everyone in the tent looked at her.

"Who do you think is going to Liangzhou to be the commander?" she asked.

Xiao Mai thought she didn't know "Military Governor Xiao", so he deliberately explained, "It's the current General Fengyun, the second son of the Xiao family, Xiao Huaijin."

He Yan's heart trembled.

How could Xiao Jue go to Liangzhou to be the commander? With his official position, he didn't need to go to Liangzhou. Besides, he had his own troops and horses. Why would he bring a new soldier to Liangzhou? Unless he was demoted.

Xiao Jue was demoted?

Xiao family in the capital.

Xiao family's residence was specially renovated according to his wife's preferences when Old General Xiao was still alive. Xiao family's later generations never changed the layout of the courtyard. Therefore, although they were a military family, the courtyard was renovated to be as elegant and unique as a small courtyard in Suzhou.

Past the flower wall was the main room. Next to the main room was a pomegranate tree. It wasn't time to bear fruit yet. Looking in from the window, one could see yellow pine shelves full of books. Someone was sitting at the table reading.

The young man was fair and beautiful, but his expression was indifferent and a bit lazy. Because he was in his own residence, he dressed casually. He wore a brocade robe with cloud patterns and a green jade belt, which made him look even more handsome. There was a sword hanging on the wall. The color was like frost and snow, sparkling and translucent. Although it wasn't unsheathed, one could see its majesty.

The door was pushed open and someone walked in.

It was a man and a woman. The man was 70% similar to Xiao Jue. However, he wasn't as cold as Xiao Jue. He was more gentle and bright. He was Xiao Jue's elder brother, Xiao Jing. Next to Xiao Jing was his wife, Bai Rongwei. Although she wasn't a stunning beauty, she was still a beautiful and dignified woman with white teeth.

The husband and wife stood together like a jade couple. It was very pleasing to the eye.

"Huaijin," Bai Rongwei spoke. She put the package in Xiao Jing's hands on the table and said, "These are the shoes and clothes that we prepared for your trip to Liangzhou. Try them on later."

Ever since General Xiao and his wife passed away, the Xiao family only had Xiao Jing and Xiao Jue. The eldest sister-in-law was like a mother. In the past, General Xiao's wife sewed clothes for Xiao Jue. Now it was Bai Rongwei.

"Thank you, eldest sister-in-law." Xiao Jue nodded.

Bai Rongwei smiled and said, "You brothers talk. I'll go see if the soup is ready." Then she left.

After Bai Rongwei left, Xiao Jing stared at Xiao Jue for a moment. Finally, he sighed and said, "Huaijin, you really don't need to go to Liangzhou."

"Recently, Xu Jiefu has been targeting you in court. He's looking for trouble with the Xiao family." Xiao Jue's expression didn't change. He only said, "If the Emperor listens to Xu Jingfu's words, I'll be causing trouble in the capital. It's good to go to Liangzhou for a while. Moreover, there are many suspicious things about Father's death. Now that there are clues, perhaps there will be new discoveries. "

Speaking of General Xiao's death, the atmosphere in the room suddenly became heavy.

After a moment of silence, Xiao Jing reached out and patted Xiao Jue's shoulder. "You always think more than I do, but there's nothing I can do for you."