Return of the Candy Apples

Start from the beginning

We started learning the routine, and it was jazz. I love jazz!

"I do this. Big! Little!" Miss Abby exclaimed, demonstrating the dance move. "Hold eight, flick at one. Point your feet Mackenzie! Okay, ready? Don't move!"

We were right in the middle of rehearsal when Jill came down and interrupted the class.

"Abby, I really need to talk to you. Can we- two minutes? Two minutes?" she questioned.

"But you shouldn't even be in here with those shoes on," Miss Abby told her. "Seven, eight, one, two."

I found it funny how she ignored Jill for a good five minutes and left her standing there.

"You really need to go stay with the other mothers," Miss Abby insisted, acknowledging her.

"I just wanted to talk to you about Kendall. Give me a minute," Jill spoke, and Miss Abby walked over to her.

"Maddie, count it out," she instructed, and she did so. Only for a little while, though. "Ladies, I don't hear anybody counting. One and two and three and four and...look at her feet. They're not even together. Look at her feet. They're still not together."

"Kendall, squeeze your feet, hunny," Jill said once we came down. "Put your ankles together."

"But you can't- 'honey, honey, honey, honey'. Leave it up to me," Miss Abby demanded.

"I-I will," she stuttered. "I will."

"She will sink, or she will swim."

"And I'm counting on you. Right, just like...and I have faith in you, and my trust in you," Jill insisted.

This is much more interesting then practicing our acro tricks.

"You're going to pay a lot of money to go to Harvard. Someone's going to be the valedictorian, and thousands of other people aren't," Miss Abby stated. "Does everyone wanna be at the top of the pyramid?"

"Yes," we replied, raising our hands.

"Well..." Jill trailed off, nodding.

"Okay?" Miss Abby asked.

"Alright," she answered. "Work it."

"Let's go," Miss Abby spoke, and we continued practice. Jill went back up with the mothers.

-

Me and my friends were in Studio C, practicing whatever we needed to work on.

I told my friends about how I almost drowned in the pool.

"Wow. You almost died! That's so crazy" Stella exclaimed.

"It was scary. I thought I was never gonna see you guys again," I stated.

"You know what you can see? My Justin Bieber-"

"Shut up," Jack snapped, cutting Josie off. "I'm trying to master my switch leap."

"Max is good at those," Kayla said, and I shrugged.

I showed them my switch leap, and they all clapped.