From the outward appearance, they looked exactly the same.

Qin Huaiyong stunned and then he turned and squinted at Madam Di.

Madam Di's heart raced again. She quickly calmed down and feared that Qin Huaiyong would discover something from her expression. She said, "General, I asked the kitchen to cook bird's nest porridge for Yuru and me. About the bird's nest, I let the purchaser of our mansion buy it for me. If you still don't believe me, you could send servants to check!"

In case that she would get involved in this matter, she deliberately let the purchaser buy it.

The cause of this matter was the bird's nest porridge.

When Madam Di finished, opening her eyes wide, Qionghua gazed at Madam Di with astonishment. Needless to say, she must think in this way just now.

"General, couldn't my Madam cook some bird's nest porridge in our mansion?" Realizing Madam Di's intention, Nanny Zhou quickly helped her Madam and said.

What problem could have when an official Madam of the General cooked bird's nest in her house? The question sounded like that Madam Di was repressed by Shui Ruolan and she even could not have bird's nest porridge.

Qin Huaiyong frowned tightly. He looked slightly irritated.

"Madam, I heard from grandmother that Duke Yong's Mansion has returned lots of bird's nests as presents when you came back from Duke Yong's Mansion. Then why would you buy bird's nest from outside? Or are those bird's nest on sale outside better than those given by Duke Yong's Mansion?" Qin Wanru asked with smiling eyes.

Her question was unexpected and hard to answer. If Madam Di said no, then why would she still purchase bird's nest from outside? If answering yes, then she would lose Duke Yong's Mansion's face.

"Well, Madam doesn't want to eat that bird's nest now because those given by Duke Yong's Mansion were extremely good. She also wants to give some to Old Grandma and Madam Shui." Seeing things going wrong, she quickly helped Madam Di and explained stiffly.

"Is that Madam Di?"

Qin Huaiyong's eyes flickered but he said nothing.

"Well, you are so kind. I must thank you for my mother and grandmother!" Qin Wanru smiled, bowed sideways, turned and looked at the old maid. "Nanny Zhou, could you please explain that why the old maid would stay in the kitchen during the time from the point that Qing Yue has come back from the kitchen to that Qionghua came in? She is a new servant. She didn't leave but still stayed and did nothing in the kitchen. What was she doing on earth in the kitchen during such a long time?"

"When Qing Yue came back, it even took me some time to arrive at the kitchen. The time the old maid spent in the kitchen was over the time that we made a round trip time from our court to the kitchen." Yujie proved.

"Tell me what was going on," said Qin Huaiyong coldly. Nobody knew he was asking the old maid or Nanny Zhou.

Nanny Zhou gaped and flustered. She didn't expect that there would be something like this. She didn't know how to answer. She set her eyes on the old maid and gave her a sign furtively.

The old maid quickly understood. She struggled to sit on kneeling with her hands still covering her chest at once and said, "General, I just wanted to see whether the bird's nest porridge was okay. Madam likes the bird's nest being stewed rotten. I was to leave but when I found out that the bird's nest porridge didn't cater to Madam's demand so I waited for a while. Then, the servant girl of Madam Shui came!"

After answering the question, she even coughed painfully deliberately, seeming that she was very weak.

"Ah, no wonder you have left for so long!" Nanny Zhou seemed to take a tumble. She turned and said reverently to Qin Huaiyong, "General, the old maid is new here. I fear that she doesn't know my Madam so I especially told her that Madam likes the bird's nest porridge being stewed very, very rotten. And I let her not be eager to take the porridge. I just said so casually but I didn't know she is so die-hard and even waited here!"