Chapter Seven.

Magsimula sa umpisa

***

Centuries ago, humans and mermaids used to live together in harmony. We would help each other and respect each other's boundaries. We helped each other and that's how we lived back then.
That's when, my story began.
One day as I was swimming near the beach, I saw a woman. She was very beautiful. I immediately fell in love with her. She smiled at me and even waved at me. I swam a little closer to her and she came closer too. That's when I saw her clearly. She was probably the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.
Her eyes and smiles were just so mesmerising. We talked for some times and promised to meet eachother at the same time at the same place again.

We continued to meet eachother daily as we promised. As the time passed, I fell more for her. She was a normal girl but had the most beautiful heart. She was very cheerful and kind. I could definitely tell that she also felt the same for me.
She was financially struggling, so I used to give her pearls and she would sell them and run her house.
She was an orphan but yet she was so lively and happy. Even though, there were many limitations between us, we both fell in love. We loved eachother against the nature. We had so many complications but yet we were ready to face anything together. Everything was going fine for two or three years. We were happy with eachother and almost everyone knew about us. They surely did objected us but why would we listen to them, right ??
But one day, she suddenly came and called me at the middle of the night.
She was very frightened.
"What's wrong??" I asked her but she just told me to come with her.
"They are planning to capture all of you and try to take your magics," she told me.
"Who they ?" I asked her.
"The king and his men," she said, pulling me away from the water.
That's when I turned into a human. That was the first time, I had turned into a human.
We both were shocked at first but we didn't have any time. She gave me one of her gown and then we tried to warn other mermaids but we were late. The King's men had already attacked them and had captured many. I froze at the view. How can someone do this to their dear friend. Then she came and took me.
She had a horse, that helped us to get away from them. Some of the soilders were after us but, the horse was super fast.
We were finally away from them. Then she took me to the place where you found me. It was a very strange place.
She told me that her ancestors were the one who built this. They made it in case of any emergency. Inorder for the magical walls to be formed, she had to drop her blood on the area. It worked and we were both finally saved.
We stayed together, inside the magical wall but the problem was her hunger.
I can easily stay hungry but she couldn't.
She was a human afterall. So, she decided to go outside.
"I'll come and take you away to the sea once everything is safe," she promised me before vanishing behind the walls.
I calmly waited for hers but she didn't returned for hours.
Hours turned into days, days turned into months, months turned into years and years turned into Centuries.
I still waited for her to come and take me away.
Then one day, your grandfather came and I knew that she was no longer here.
I then realised that she'll never be here again. She was gone.
Your grandfather had brought a questionable creature and threw it away then locked the walls before, I could get out.
I tried approaching that creature and then found out that she was a woman.
She was in pain and I tried to cure her but even my powers were not working for her. She kept suffering. She told me everything that had happened to her and I felt disgusted by my lover's own blood.
How can someone from her family do it ?
It was very clear to me that she had already married someone else as her blood was here few minutes ago. That did hurt me. I tried my best to help her but, at the end she died. She died very badly.
I often wondered how can someone from her bloodline do a horrible act like this.
I tried to get out of the wall only after she died. Before that I never even touched them as I had some faith in her that she would come for me, but now that she was no longer here, I decided to set myself free. But I failed many times.
Yet I didn't loose hope. I knew that she will come to fulfill her promise.
That's when you came. The moment I saw you, I knew that she had come back to fulfill her promise. You looked just like her and even your voice was the same.
I knew it was you when I saw those eyes of yours. You came back to take me away even though you were there for another reason, you saved me. You kept your promise," she said.

"What do you mean, I came back ?" I asked her. She smiled and said,"the one whom I loved and who took me there is you, Engfa. You look just like her. You are definitely her reincarnated self," she told me. I took some minutes to fully consume that.
So, I had reincarnated to fulfill my promise ??
Maybe that's why I have always felt some strange connection with the ocean.  But I again started to cry as the real victim of my grandfather died and I couldn't save her. It broke my heart that she had to die because of someone's greed.

My head is hurting from all of this information. What am I ??
Who am I  ?
Am I really the one, who had promised her ??
Did I really reincarnate ??
My mind was full of many questions like this and I knew that no one but her can help me with all those questions.
"If I am the one who you tell me I am, Can you bring back my memories from my past live ?" I asked her.

Yes, I can," she said.