1 | The balls

"Oh no,no,no,no,no"I whisper rushing to my mother's room (door opening),"you're late, Raymond, and so your punishment will be worse, far worse" my mother says rubbing the hot iron in her hand with another iron to sharpen it.

This, well was my life.

Well, still is my life.

My mother tells the palace's blacksmith to heat up a solid iron for my daily punishment, this has been going on for about 6 years ago when fate decided to turn it's back on me and currently, I'm 16, so , yeah, I'm a teenager, and I'm not going to explain because, you (heave) already know why.

We actually migrated from Africa to America, then settled in Europe, in a small land, and then won many battles with neighboring lands and extended our land and soon we were close to the river, my father is the king, and my mother is the queen,we get mobbed by tourists all the time, for its own sake my father named our country; Beige, as our skin had a slight resemblance with the colour, as we were werewolves, we had heightened everything,looks, defining jawlines and other things and the light beige color comes from the African side of our blood making us look more dashing , the english is purely American depending on the grammatical differences.

"What are you doing ?, the ball's about to start"my little sister snaps me out of my trans, "what, why didn't you warn me earlier", I spout quickly, hurrying downstairs,"huff, made it just in time", I whisper as I stand near by my father , "I now present to you, the emperor!", The announcer exclaims,(trumpet blows),"let the balls begin and whoever I find is not fit among the lot of you will be taken, so begin", normally, I am not supposed to choose, my mother would tell me to dance to who so ever she wants, my mother is cruel, making me to rub a special cream, that cloaks all the marks that may be visible outside my garment, at least she allows me to dance in the balls, with old people, which is pretty disgusting.

" Raymond, you dance with...." She points to the other end but being interrupted by the emperor ," no, I'll pick for him today" he says, okay , truth, right now , I'm the happiest person in the whole wide world, nothing will take this moment from me, nothing. "...... Dance with that one over there, looks like your age ", he says pointing to a beautiful girl across the room, I could literally feel my mother's heart boiling with fury as this day , and she knows that I know that she's angry but I am not passing this out, what am I, stupid (scoffs) .

Walking over to the girl , I see her mother smiling at her and honestly, I don't know what that means, feeling lost and bored with this slow dancing, I mean it's way better than dancing with old women where one step feels like an eternity, but it would be nice if I lighten the mood up, " so, what's your name ?" I ask breaking the silence, " Elaine, and yours is Raymond, I presume"she answers, well I am the prince, I think everyone knows my name,"..... heir to the throne of beige." She continues, " yeah, not so sure about that" I reply.

I've always tried to understand why life treats me this way and I've tried telling my dad, but apparently alpha's take their Lunas very seriously and would like to eradicate all those, spoiling her name.

*************

"Okay, I know command the ball to end!",The emperor exclaims, symbolizing with his hands,"you, you, you, you and you, you're coming with me", he says pointing at 5 beginning wolves,"THE EMPEROR WILL NOW EXIT THE PALACE!", The emperor's announcer exclaims, blowing his trumpet symbolizing their departure.

Immediately looking over to my mother's chair, wanting to see her decomposed face, she's not there all of a sudden in her bright red ruby coloured chair surrounded with yellow plastic edges , on the gold plated wall behind her, "where is mum?", I held her on her arms, strengthening my grip," first of all, OW!, second of all, mother said that when the balls were over you should meet her in her room", she squeezes her right hand out of my voracious grip, pointing to mother's bedroom,"wait, she said when the balls are over, so that means she left since"furrowing my eyebrows to represent emphasis,"yeah, she said she was going to prepare something for you that I ' didn't need to know ' or something like that", she breathes out after I loosed my grip on her arms, even my sister nor my father know about my torture, infact, nobody does, well except for sergeant Davis and the palace's blacksmith.

I was literally walking on two feet as I would run on four legs up the stairs, with my heart threatening to come out of my chest, also racing(door busts open) " mum!", My hand was numb from the way I opened the door.

"If you spoil my door young man, I'll increase your punishment",
"I'm sorry, mother",
"So, you got my message from your sister",
"Yes",
"I wanted to tell you, since next tommorow is your sisters birthday, you should know, that I'll present a........ Gift, a special gift for you, and for you only, do you understand me, young man.",she says caressing the knife in her hand, I'd wish she caressed and treated me the way she is treating the knife carefully, but, even I know that, that is never going to happen, I supposedly gave up hope twelve years ago, when this whole ' thing ' started, wasn't constant though until I became 12 years old, but I'm not gonna bore myself with that.

Yeah, sad, I know.

"Yes, mum", I reply swiftly,
" But I'm giving you liberty till then.."
"I'm sorry, What?", I cut my mother off, thinking I heard a whole lot of different words outside her vocabulary set called ' giving and liberty ',
"I said, I'm giving you liberty till next tommorow, till then, do whatever you want, no evening punishment either, you should be grateful , I'm only giving you early morning two times punishment to cover up for the evening, then your free for the rest of the day, so, you maybe dismissed, oh and call the palace's cook, I'm getting hungry after all this sympathy with symptoms", she says trying to make a joke which I actually smirked to, " so, like I said you are dismissed",she continues.
"Y...yes, ma'am",I say trying to hide my joy,

Today must be my lucky day.

"But are you sure?" I ask before leaving," don't make me regret it, Raymond ", "sure", I start freaking out in my mind, I'm absolutely blown with happiness, I joyfully, for the first time I've ever rushed to do something my mother told me to do, " Mr. Nigma, my mother, the queen requires your food expertise and presence" I draw his attention, but seeing his eyes that said, speak it in one breath, as he always does,"(sigh), the queen is hungry" I release in one breath," now that's better", said sir nigma turning around, picking up his kitchen tools to cook for my mother" ha, ha", I mutter sarcastically as I leave the room.

Yeah, nothing is beating this moment of happiness, absolutely nothing,well until Saturday.