Chapter 5

Location: Wayne Manor / Time: 3:30 pm

"Jason get back here!" Dick shouted playfully as he chased his little brother upstairs.

"Can't catch me! Can't catch me!" Taunted Jason dodging Dick's Swift attempts to grab him.

Damian, who wanted to see what all the noise was, leaked his head out the room. Then he stepped outside of his room to get a better view.

"Dami look out!" Dick tried to warn Damian, but it was to late. Jason ran into Damian and both tumbled on the floor.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to!" Jason said quickly sitting up to face Damian. Tears started to stream from Jason's eyes.

"Move Todd!" Yelled Damian picking himself up. He brushed his harms and stomped back to his room with embarrassment and anger.

"Are you okay?" Dick asked with concern. Getting on his hands and knees, Dick inspected Jason for any cuts or bruises that Jason could have sustained from the tumble.

"I said I'm sorry." Sobbed Jason rubbing his eyes.

"Go to the devil's dwelling!" Damian snapped as he stomped in his room and slammed the door with a loud thud.

"Damian apologize to Jason." Frowned Dick as he picked up his little brother.

"Sorry!" Yelled Damian through his shut door.

"I didn't mean to." Said Jason with more tears in his eyes.

"I know, Dami is just a bit.... Angry all the time." Dick said scratching the back of his head.

"Why does he hate me?" Jason asked looking at Dick with his innocent blue eyes.

"When your older I'll explain." Dick gave a reassuring smile.

Jason looked at Dick in a puzzled daze. Dick smiled again and suggested they go help Alfred make cookies.

"Yay!" Beamed Jason while raising his hands in victory.

After a few minutes making the cookie dough, they placed the cookies in the oven and just had to let them bake for an hour. Jason was covered in milk, flour, and eggs. He sat on a chair-stool licking a spoon with cookie batter over it.

"Master Dick can you give Master Jason a bath or at least wash him off?" Asked Alfred looking at the mess the young boy made.

"Sure Alfie." Laughed Dick. He picked up his baby brother and took him to the bathroom.

Tim soon walked in only to see Alfred cleaning up the cooking mess. "Master Timothy welcome back from school." Alfred greeted.

"Thanks Alfred." Smiled Tim, "Let me guess someone tried to cook?"

"Yes, Master Jason and Master Dick." Alfred sighed wiping the flour up with a wet cloth.

"Well that's interesting, anyway did some research on Jason's blood in chemistry class. Whatever turned him into a kid had something to do with radiation not a chemical reaction. It's a possibility that Jason was struck by something mechanical."

"Radiation? Mechanical?" What machine could turn Master Jason to a lad again?" Alfred asked scratching his head.

"That's only the first part." Tim explained every detail of Jason's condition in the best way he could to Alfred.

Meanwhile in the bathroom....

"Look out Mr. Fish! Mr. Shark get you!" Jason laughed as he played in the bathtub with rubber toy animals.

"Okay, well now it's time for Mr. Fish and Mr. Shark to go." Dick said as pulled the plug in the bathtub. Dick held a towel up and wrapped Jason in it. He dried Jason off quickly. Dick actually wanted Jason to stay as a little kid, he wanted to redeem himself for all the times he never been there fo his little brother.

"Dick when will Dami like me?" Asked Jason interrupting Dick's thoughts

"Dami doesn't like other people, so probably a long time." Dick said laughing a little.

"Yeah, but he hates me. He glares at me, he says bad words, and never said goodnight to me when I said goodnight."

Dick wished his other little brother could be more kind to Jason. "Well Jason isn't a mercenary murderer anymore so..." Dick thought to himself

"I just want him to like me." Jason explained breaking Dick's thought.

"You want me to talk to him for you?" Dick asked looking at Jason.

Jason nodded and hugged Dick, "Thanks."

Dick couldn't believe it, Jason hugging him instead of holding a gun at his head. "Maybe." Dick thought, "I should stick around a little longer and stay with Jason."