"So what am I going to do in the meantime?"

"Maybe sleep? I don't know, leave me alone." I turn around and close my eyes.

"Fine, I'll explore on my own." I feel the bed shift.

"After you put some clothes on!" I yell.

"Oh shut up." She tosses a pillow at me.

♾️

Rue

"And that concludes today's session. Remember, you still have to study even when we don't have sessions." I tell Lyla, a girl I'm tutoring. I've been tutoring her since last year. She's sort of a friend to me, not like the group though.

"Rue we go through this every time. You tell me to study and I say-"

"That's what I pay you for." I finish her sentence playfully.

"Exactly, are you going to the Santa party tomorrow?" She pinches my cheek.

"Yeah, I don't go to many but I try to make it to one a month."

"What are you going to wear?" She asks.

"Probably a Santa hat, nothing special."

"You're no help." She pouts.

"Did I not just help you get smarter?"

"I guess, I'll see you tomorrow." She gets up waving.

On my way out I get a small coffee with a double shot of expresso. While I wait I get a tap on my shoulder.

"Hi, we didn't officially meet earlier. I'm Riri." The girl from earlier holds out her hand.

"Rue." I shake it confused. This is THEE Riri, I've been dying to put a name with a face. I never got my answers about her.

"I know who you are." she smiles. "You look confused, I'm Shuri's best friend."

Now that I'm thinking about it, this girl looks oddly familiar. "I never knew she had a girl best friend, it's good to meet you."

"Yeah, we don't normally tell people we know each other. Especially since the world thought Wakanda kidnapped me. That's a long story, I probably shouldn't have brought that up." she brings her balled up fist to her mouth.

Now I remember. A little while ago Wakanda was accused of abducting a college student, it was everywhere. It was like a national uproar. Turns out she was being recruited to help them. I heard this girl is hella smart. I never thought about it again until now. "It makes sense." I smile grabbing my coffee. "It was lovely meeting you but I have to get going, I need to help my roommate set up for her gathering later. Are you coming?"

"Yes I am actually. I'll see you there, hopefully, we can chat more." She smiles.

"Yeah, see you there." I walk out of the door. That was a little awkward and for no reason. She was cool though.

I check my phone and still no text from Shuri today. I've been trying to look up what she was saying last night but I can't seem to find anything. More like I can't spell anything.

She wasn't in class and I haven't seen her on campus, not to mention she's not answering her phone. Normally I'd think something was wrong but I think she's just getting used to the friends-with-benefits thing. She's not obligated to pick up for me.

"How was school today?" Alexis asks me as soon as I hit the door.

"It was good, I had a test that almost kicked my ass but it was fine. You?" I place my bags on the couch.