Protective Much?

After last year's Harvest Moon, the story of Blood Huntress made its way into Silvergrove.
Though the reassurance from Runaan and Ethari granted a feeling of protection for residents living in Silvergrove. Making it possible to hold another Harvest Moon once again.

"Ethari?"
Ethari could hear an exhausted voice calling his name from outside.
"Ethari?" Runaan stuck his head inside the workshop sitting atop a tall tree.
"What are you doing here?" Runaan noticed Ethari working on yet another project.
"Did you just wake up?" Ethari laughed as he ruffled up the elf's already messy bedhead.
"Yes.."
"What are you working on?"
"I woke up and you weren't in bed." Runaan groaned.
"I was working on these." Ethari carefully picked up a small collection of wingalings. This time different than the ones for Rayla. The gems were in different shades of blues and purples.
"Oh, you made these for Rayla last Harvest Moon," Runaan remembered quite fondly.
"Yup, I thought I'd make more for you this time."
"Since you'll be on patrol this time, tonight," Ethari told him.
"Hmm." Runaan smiled.
"Just one last thing, here." Ethari handed the rodent-like trinkets to Runaan.
Runaan held out his hands with the wingalings upon them.
"Liga Et Annecto."
Soon after Ethari activated his spell, the wingalings started to light up.
Runaan started to laugh as the two rodents flew around his head.
"One for you, one for Rayla."
"Different colors so it's easier for us." Ethari smiled.
"They're beautiful Love." Runaan gave Ethari a quick peck on the cheek.
"It is breakfast, and Rayla is most surely waiting."
Ethari took the wingalings and placed them back on his table.
"Brush your hair, Darling, you look terrible." Ethari complained as he ran his fingers through Runaans smooth locks, untangling them in the process.

"Where were you guyssss?" Rayla immediately complained when she heard them walk into the kitchen.
"I wanted my mushcup..." Rayla splayed her arms across the kitchen tables
"I had to finish some stuff up for the Harvest Moon."
"Didn't you invite Suroh for the Harvest Moon?" Ethari asked.
"I mean yeah but I don't think he's gonna come."
"Understandable, with what happened last time I don't think he would come," Runaan mentioned as he drank his morning tea.
"Yeah probably," Rayla said sadly.
Ethari and Runaan both saw the sadness in Rayla's usually upturned face.
"What's wrong?" Ethari asked as he set down Rayla's breakfast.
"You're going to be busy with enchanting things and Runaan's going to be busy with patrols and stuff," Rayla replied.
"And everyone in Silvergrove thinks I'm weird."
Ethari and Runaan traded glances.
"Wait a second."
"Don't get your hopes down about Suroh yet." Ethari blurted.
"And if he really doesn't come, then maybe you could patrol with me." Runaan offered.
Rayla's eyes lit up.
"Actually!?"
"If you want." Runaan shrugged.
Rayla swallowed down her scream.
"Absolutely!"
"But only if Suroh doesn't come." Rayla squealed as she tackled Runaan.
Runaan flinched at the sudden hug almost spilling his tea.
Rayla hopped away and headed straight for her room waiting for the moon to come up.
Runaan blinked in confusion.
"...ok..."
He took another sip of his tea.
"Darling,"
"Hm?" Runaan glanced up when he heard his name.
"Wanna know a fun fact about you?" Ethari had a devilish smirk on his face, one Runaan knew all too much about.
"About me?"
Ethari nodded.
"Sure.." Runaan agreed suspiciously.
"Your tips of your ears turn red when you blush." Ethari looked at him with a smug expression.
Runaan felt his face heat up.
"See, red." Ethari grinned as he flicked Runaan on the forehead.
"Hey!"
Ethari immediately gave the flicked area a quick kiss.
"Come on Darling, I still have to give you your little emergency rodent." Ethari smiled.

"Rayla!" Runaan called once he finished putting on his many layers of clothing for the night.
"Coming!" Rayla ran down the hallway and stopped right in front of Runaan.
"Someone's excited." Ethari mocked.
Ethari gave Runaan a kiss on his temple.
"I think Suroh might be here actually, I think I saw his family outside of Silvergrove," Ethari told Rayla.
"Really?" Rayla seemed surprised.
"Around the East Wing," Ethari mentioned.
"I'll be patrolling that area, let's go see if he's there," Runaan told both elves.

"I'll be in the workshop, last minute enchanting," Ethari whispered to Runaan.
"Oh ok," Runaan and Ethari shared another kiss before Ethari wandered off.

Runaan and Rayla finally arrived at Runaan's designated location.
"Suroh!" Rayla noticed the shy skywing elf.
"Rayla..!"
"Sorry, I wasn't sure on whether I was allowed in Silvergrove," Suroh said nervously as Rayla dragged him inside.
"Of course you are!"
"Oh yeah! This is Runaan, you've met him before. I guess..." Rayla introduced the shy elf to Runaan.
"Hello." The boy said nervously.
"Hi?" Runaan was never the best with children.
"Come on!" Rayla dragged the boy by the hand as she lugged him further inside the small village.
Runaan was plenty relieved when they both left.

"Here try these." Rayla handed Suroh a handful of colorful grapes.
"What are these?"
"Honeyburst rainbow grapes."
"Deliciously sweet and colorful!" Rayla tossed a few into her mouth. Suroh did the same.
"Mmm! These are good." Suroh blissfully agreed.
"Hey isn't that Runaan?" Suroh pointed over toward a white-haired elf.
"Hm?"
"Yeah, why?" Rayla immediately answered.
"He's patrolling the East Wing."
"Isn't he married?" Suroh became slowly and slowly more confused.
"Yeah...?" Rayla as well.
"Cause that guy looks like he's trying to flirt with him.."
Rayla immediately shot her head over to Runaan. Who was, to Suroh's accuracy, being flirted with.
"He seems really annoyed though considering he's walking away." Suroh watched.
"Oh, I know somebody else who would be really annoyed by that as well," Rayla smirked.

Runaan leaned up against the wall as he closed his eyes.
Why keep the open if nothing was going to happen anyway?
He felt a very sudden thud right beside his ear, his body shook violently as he opened his eyes.
"Runaan right?"
Another elf stood face to face with him.
Runaan rolled his eyes as he pushed himself off the wall and walked away from the irritating elf.
Unfortunately, the elf proved himself very devoted.
"Aw come on, just a chance lovely,"
"Do not call me that." Runaan glared at the elf.
The elf looked up at the horns on the other. Seeing the rings around his horns he was certain he understood the aggression.
The elf planted his hand against the edge of a wall right in front of Runaan. Runaan halted to a stop and looked at the elf. Runaan sighed in annoyance.
He looked toward the elf and crossed his arms over his chest.
"What do you want?" The question sounding more of a demand.
"I can see your already married huh?"
Runaan didn't answer, he only sharpened his glance on the elf.
"Look," The elf leaned in against Runaan's ear.
"Your lover doesn't have to know~"
The elf pushed Runaan up against the wall, Runaan attempted to push him away without a death threat, but the elf only placed his forearm beside Runaan's head.
The elf reached up to touch the rings on his horns.
"Don't touch those." Runaan hissed as he positioned the sharpened edge of his curved dagger against the elf's neck.
"You don't have any reason to kill me sunshine." The elf mocked.
Runaan only dug the knife deeper against his neck pushing the elf farther back.
"Would you like me to test that theory out?"

Ethari was working in his workshop when he saw Rayla's colorful wingaling light up beside him.
Ethari immediately ran out of his workshop to go find her.

"Rayla!" Ethari shouted as approached Rayla.
"Are you okay?" Ethari kneeled to Rayla's height.
"Yup!" Rayla expressed with great joy.
"Then why did you light up the wingaling?" Ethari asked confused yet relieved.
Ethari noticed the suspiciously happy look on her face. One that meant she wanted to start trouble.
"Rayla?" Ethari glared. He glanced over at Suroh who was also hiding an anticipating smile on his face.
"Rayla."
Rayla giggled as she pointed over Ethari's shoulder.
Ethari looked over to where she was pointing.
He noticed Runaan being followed around by another elf.
Ethari glared at the elven man.
He elf started to push himself up against Runaan, which only made him far more irritated.
Ethari stood up and walked over to his lover.
"A chance is all I'm asking, you don't even know my name, sweet." The elf nervously backed away as Runaan kept pushing the dagger against his neck as he kept stepping closer and closer toward the frightened other.
Runaan opened his mouth the say something but was interrupted by another set of arms wrapping around his waist.
"I don't think he needs to know your name." Ethari pulled Runaan back into his grasp.
Ethari glared at the already frightened male.
Runaan already had the knowledge of how scary Ethari could be if wanted.
"I'll go.." the elf walked away as fast as he could.
"Yeah, go do that," Ethari mumbled angrily into Runaan's neck.
"Ethari?"
"Yes, Darling?" Ethari glanced up at Runaan with sweet innocent eyes.
"Do you plan on letting go?" Runaan relaxed upon the sweet warmth of his husband.
"Nope, why? Is it bothering you, sweet?"
Runaan snickered.
"Not at all."
Rayla walked up to the two with the most smug expression ever.
"Protective much?" Rayla asked with the utmost sass.
Ethari thought carefully.

"Maybe."