Chapter 112: Fear of Accusations

Start from the beginning

[Well, I should let you two play for a while. Let me know if you're done~]

I quickly turn too late to see my doppelganger leaving the arena as he retreats into the shadows.

"Hey! Get back here, you c- ARGH!" I quickly dodge the fake Kazu's staff before he swings it one more time. "Damn you, coward!"

Not like that's enough to make him come back. I bet he's using my brother's clone to distract me while he uses the duplicated [Minor Health Regeneration] to recover his [HP]. I'm so gonna kick his ass once I'm done with...

[Static Stun]!

I suddenly feel electricity running through my body as I feel an excruciating pain. I can't help but scream in anguish as I try my best not to let go of my sword.

[Gale Force]!

Before I can recover, I get blown away by the fake Kazu's next attack and land a few feet away from him. Dammit, looks like he shares the same ability to skip an incantation as his fake brother. This seems way too overpowered for my taste. Real or not, I have to use my [Investigate] skill to...

[Stone Barrage]!

Crap! I'm too late to notice him firing a bunch of stones at me. I can feel the stones almost piercing through my skin as I grit my teeth. He's not only relentless unlike the real Kazu, but he's much too powerful for me to ignore to the point he doesn't want me to use [Investigate]. I can't take any more hits unless I want this fight to a stalemate if I face my copy again. Real or not, I have to stop his barrage of attacks.

[Mana Blast]!

I watch him fire a ball of mana from his staff. That's one of the first skills he learned, so with my [Crystal Sword's] [Imbued Arcana Element], I can deflect it!

"[Parry]!" I scream as I raise my sword. I let the skill do the rest as it cuts down the attack literally, giving me a chance to switch weapons. "[Corkscrew Pierce]!"

I fire my [Spiral Arrow] and let it fly at the fake Kazu. I need to finish this fight and this one might do...

[Electric Reflection].

Suddenly, a barrier made of electricity appears as it surrounds the fake Kazu. To my horror, my attack is blocked by it, leaving me with an electric barrier and a pissed young doppelganger. Dammit, Kazu! Why the hell did you learn such a dangerous [Mastery]?! I'm surprised he even mastered it in a short time.

[You're out of tricks, faker. There's nothing you can do to convince me that you're the real Wind.]

Again?! Is he trying to tell me that he's mad because I called him a fake (which is true)?! I wish I could reason with him. Heck, I might simply shoot him in the head to shut him up. But something in my gut tells me it would be like killing my own brother. He shares the same face, but I can't bear to deal a critical blow, especially with his barrier that blocks all physical attacks including my sword. But that doesn't mean I can give up now.

"Yeah. Next thing I know, I'm the queen of <Initio>. At this point, I'm not gonna reason with you anymore." I raise my arm and prepare for my next attack. "Spirit of Sylph, I call the gale to my growing aura and..."

[I knew you were willing to try killing your brother... [Thunder Lance]!]

STAB! CACKLE!

Before I know it, I feel a sharp pain in my gut. I looked down and saw a lance made of an electric aura stabbed through my gut.

[CRITICAL]!