Chapter 2

A month and a bit passed, i hadn't seen Louis, Marlon or Sophie around at all. Probably because i hadn't left my house alot, just for food or the occasional skate around the town. I was in town, sitting on the bench with my skateboard by my feet, on the phone to an old friend from school, James, while smoking.

"So you're liking your new place?" James asked.

"Yeah, pretty nice place." I said, exhaling a cloud of smoke "How's Charlie? I haven't spoke to him in a while."

"He's good, currently cooking me food." James chuckled.

"You never were a good cook." I said.

"Gee, thanks." James said.

"You're so welcome." I chuckled.

"Listen i'll talk to you later, my foods ready." James said.

"Alright, see you later." I said, hanging up.

I took the phone down from my ear and stuffed it back in my pocket. Before i could even get the chance to take another drag of my cigarette, a voice called out from behind me.

"So you can talk?" A masculine voice, which i recognised.

i stayed facing foward on the bench, and after a minute, i turned around to face Louis and nodded my head.

"Why'd you say you couldn't?" Louis asked, now standing beside me.

"I rarely talk." I said.

"But why didn't you say anything to us?" Louis asked.

I shrugged my shoulders and looked up to face him. "Didn't know what you were like. Didn't want to find out either, but you weren't.. you were nice to me." I said, trying to come up with words.

He raised an eyebrow. "Well yeah.. are you not used to it or something?"

I shook my head. "No."

"Well, we're nice people." He said, shrugging his shoulders. "Sophie was talking about you not too long ago. Nothing bad, she just said she hadn't seen you around."

"I don't go out much." I said, standing up and grabbing my skateboard. "I've to go."

I put my skateboard down and jumped on but i didn't get 10 yards away before he called out my name again. "Clementine!"

I sighed before putting my foot to the floor, stopping my board and turning around. Louis was walking toward me with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

"You don't seem like the most.. social person but you seem cool. Do you maybe wanna come out with us again?" He asked.

Without thinking i said yes. I just wanted to go back home and for him to leave. I gave him my phone and he put his number in. I took my phone back and left. I went back to my apartment and slumped down on my couch after pulling out my phone. I looked at the new contact in my phone 'Louis :)' for a few minutes. I didn't know wether to block, text or ring him. After a few more minutes of looking at it, i decided to block him, but before i could press 'Block?' my doorbell rang. I sighed and got up to answer it, throwing my phone down on the couch. As i swung my door open i was greeted by a young woman, around my age, long brunette hair, blue eyes, wearing sweatpants and a tight fitting t-shirt. She had a smile plastered across her face too.

"Hey there, im your neighbour, Mollie." She smiled.

"Oh.. hi i'm um, Clementine." I said.

"Hope i'm not annoying you, i tried calling around earlier but you weren't home so, just wanted to let you know i'm just a door down if you ever need anything." She smiled.