ᴀɴᴛɪ-ʟᴜᴄɪꜰᴇʀ ʟᴇᴀɢᴜᴇ

Start from the beginning

Seeing you crack a smile, even if it's tiny, they both are equally as happy. Satan chuckles, squeezing you tight. "Leave the rest to us."

"We'll avenge you, bunny." Belphie kisses your palm, his lips soft and warm on your skin. "The Anti-Lucifer league swears on it."

"Hehe. Thank you, both." You rub at your puffy eyes and reddened cheeks, giggling quietly at their enthusiasm, feeling your heart warm.

You yawn unwittingly, a wave of exhaustion washing over your body. Your eyelid suddenly feel as heavy as lead. The emotional and physical stress has taken a toll on you. Noticing this, Satan pulls you closer to him, warming your body with his. "Sleep, (y/n). You must be tired." You nod and bury your face in the crook of Satan's neck. He's warm and smells like old books. Belphie turns in your lap, nuzzling your belly. "Don't mind me if I catch forty winks too." Satan clucks his tongue. "You always sleep on me, anyway. What's different now?"

"(Y/n)'s here, of course. I actually find it better this way. Goodnight."

"Then I suppose I alone shall go ahead with planning." Satan shakes his head, though his expression and tone bear a hint of fondness.

Neither you or Belphie respond, as you are already drifting off, the warm light from the candlelight and your soft breathing lulling you to sleep. Satan exhales deeply as he picks up the blackmail papers and continues going through the plan.

Several hours later, Lucifer stalks down the dark hallways, going to check up on each of siblings. Or so he tells himself. He's actually beelining for your bedroom, after ensuring Mammon's well and truly gone to bed and not snuck out to gamble some more. He taps lightly on your door, in case you're still awake. "(Y/n)? It's Lucifer." When he's greeted by silence on the other end, Lucifer clears his throat, announcing to the darkness, feeling strangely anxious. "(Y/n), I'm coming in."

Lucifer decisively turns the doorknob and opens the door to your room, and is greeted by the sight of your empty bed, still neatly made. The bitter feeling of regret and guilt, something he's all too familiar with, pools in his gut. He steps out of the room and shuts the door, swallowing with difficulty. Then, he breaks off in a fast paced stride down the hall once more, determined to find you. Lucifer combs the House of Lamentation in the darkness, looking out closely for your distinctive, light footfalls or any glimpse of your slight form and (h/c) hair. He happens to bump into Beel in the kitchen when he goes to see if you're there—which to his disappointment, you're not—and has Beel join him on the search for you.

They find the library door slightly ajar, allowing a sliver of light to escape through the crack. Inside, they find of you snuggled together in the reading nook—you cradled in Satan's lap, with Belphie in yours, the three of you snoring softly. Papers are scattered haphazardly over a table by the side. Lucifer feels relief as he sees you, and the tiniest prick of jealousy. He gestures for Beel to come over. "Can you take Belphie and Satan back to their rooms?'

Mouth stuffed full of some leftovers you had left in the fridge from dinner, Beel nods. They pry you off of each other and Beel slings both his brothers over his shoulder with little effort, leaving to do as Lucifer instructed. Once he's left, Lucifer strides over to scoop you into his arms. He stares at your sleeping face for a little while, conflicting emotions swirling in his chest. The tear tracks on your face are still visible; they make his heartstrings twist, knowing he's the reason for them. Before he can stop himself, he lowers his head to brush his lips over the top of your head, a form of apology. After you left his study in tears, the guilt immediately set in, from the things he said and did, but he pushed them down. They're resurfacing now, and Lucifer wont ignore them again. He knows he was in the wrong this time. Just as he's about to leave the room, his gaze catches onto the papers all over the floor. He stoops to pick one off of the floor, lip curling as he studies what's printed on it. He balls it up in one fist pocketing it to destroy later.