Chapter 26- Love we unravlelled

Ivy

As we arrive at Spencer's home, I feel my heart pounding. He hands over the car keys to someone who takes the car, and we make our way towards the lift. The lift's walls are made of glass, and it feels magnificent as we step inside.

When the lift doors open, we're greeted by a large black door. Spencer enters a passcode, and the door opens.

"Your house is..." I start to say.

"Extra? I know," he interrupts, chuckling.

"No, I mean..." I trail off, feeling a bit overwhelmed.

"You can say it," he encourages me.

"Okay, maybe a little," I admit with a shy smile.

"Make yourself at home. By the way, what do you feel like eating?" he asks.

"Anything will do," I reply.

"How about spaghetti?" he suggests.

"Yeah, sounds cool. I'll help you," I say.

"Do you know how to cook?" Spencer teases.

"Huh? Sure, I can," I huff as I bluntly lie. I don't know shit about cooking. 

"Come on, then," he says, signalling for me to follow his lead. The kitchen is open and beautiful as hell.

Spencer starts gathering all the ingredients neatly on the counter.

"I'll chop the vegetables," I suggest, wanting to contribute.

He nods and puts hot water on the stove before adding the spaghetti.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" I exclaim loudly.

"What happened?" Spencer turns towards me, holding a bowl and stirring the sauce. He notices my hand bleeding. "Oh my god," he says with concern. He aggressively places the bowl on the counter and takes hold of my hand. "You said you could cook," he teases. "Wait a second, I'll get a first aid kit," he instructs.

I lean against the counter as Spencer comes back with the first aid kit in his hand.

"Show me your hand," he instructs, and I extend my hand towards him.

"It's going to hurt a little, so-"

"Okay," I nod, steeling myself for the pain. I close my eyes as Spencer applies antiseptic to my hand, and it stings like hell.

"Ouch!" I whine.

"Sorry. Just hold on a little longer; it's almost done," Spencer says softly, wrapping a large bandage around my hand.

"Done," he says, and I slowly open my eyes.

"You should be careful," Spencer says worriedly. "You should sit down; I'll take care of the rest," he adds sweetly. I agree and sit on the chair beside the kitchen counter, watching Spencer continue cooking. Eventually, my attention is drawn to the neatly arranged trophies and medals on the cabinet in the living room. I walk over to take a closer look.

"Do these belong to you?" I ask Spencer curiously.

He looks at me, taking a moment to process what I'm talking about. "Yeah. I won these back in high school," he says. "For singing," He adds.

"Wow, that's impressive."

"Do you want some juice with it?" Spencer asks as he sprinkles mozzarella cheese over the spaghetti.

"Yeah, sure," I reply.

"Smells amazing," I comment as Spencer places the food on the dining table.

Spencer gives me a brief smile, and serves spaghetti and salad on my plate, extending it towards me.

"I could've done that on my own," I mockingly say to him.

"Yeah, that's what you said about helping me out in the kitchen.'' Spencer laughs. 

"You're so mean" I pout. 

"And you are clumsy.'' Spencer retorts as he takes a big bite of spaghetti and I can't help but laugh. 

"What are you doing tonight?" Spencer curiously asks.

"Just another frat party, you know," I reply nervously. 

"Oh," Spencer responds solemnly.

"Um, I'm gonna meet Jason tomorrow over dinner and, you know, tell him everything and like end things " I assure Spencer. I feel guilty for putting him through this.

"How do you like the food?" Spencer nods and questions me further. 

"5 star Michelen.'' I smile.