Chapter 9- I knew you were trouble

Ivy

Ever since that conversation with Spencer..I've been feeling weird. Not in a bad way...but I don't know if it's in a good way either. I don't know it's hard to explain.  It's probably just in my head. What is wrong with me? I am in a very happy and stable relationship with Jason. Fuck...if I had a choice, I would surely like to ignore the fact that these feelings existed altogether.

I walk into the lecture hall with a clouded mind but as soon as I catch sight of Spencer, the clouds dissipate, leaving only him in focus. Should I just go and sit next to him? No that's impulsive...fuck it.

"Hi.'' I say, sliding into the seat next to his.

"Morning Ivy.'' He says without darting his eyes away from the textbook.

As the professor began the lecture, Spencer leaned closer, his voice a gentle whisper in my ear. "Are you free tonight?" he whispers in my ear, his words sending a shiver down my spine.

"Pardon? Me?" I playact.

"Hello? Anyone here?" He whispers.

I couldn't help but chuckle at his persistence. "I'll check my schedule," I reply, matching his playful tone.

"I'm taking that as a yes. Meet me near the fountain at 7.''

"What for?'' I ask. Is he taking me out on a date? No Ivy! You have a boyfriend!

"I have a boyfriend Spencer!" 

"I know...what do you think? I'm taking you out on a date?"

"What? What are you saying? Why would I think that?" I shrug. 

"Okay cool.''

"Where are we going though?" I ask.

"You'll see."

"That's so vague." I pout.

Meanwhile the bell rings and everyone proceeds to leave the hall.

"Did I ever tell you that you are really-

"Ivy!'' Just as Spencer was about to speak, Jason appears, interrupting our conversation. Golden timing.

"You were saying something, Spencer?'' I quickly redirect the conversation, feeling a twinge of guilt.

"Nothing. I'll see you at 7 then.'' He smiles and I gather all my stuff together and proceed to leave.

"Who's this guy?'' Jason asks casually.

"He's a transfer student. I forgot what his name was...the professor...uh..asked me to help him with stuff .'' I stutter.

"Oh cool." He says and I let out a silent sigh of relief.

"Yeah. So what do you wanna do?'' I ask...to prevent him from asking any further questions.

"Let's have lunch with Liz and Samuel. They told me to meet them at the café.'' He replies, his nonchalant tone indicating that he's already moved on from the previous conversation.

"Ok cool. Let's go there.'' I say.

While having lunch, I could hear faint voices and chuckling as if I were submerged in Davy Jones locker. It felt like Spencer was asking me out on a date but he is well aware that I have a boyfriend...

"IVY.'' Samuel yells.

Startled, I reply, "Yeah?"

"Why do you seem so lost?'' Samuel questions.

"Nothing I'm just tired.''

"Okay. So you'll be coming tonight right?" Samuel asks.

"Coming to what?'' Shit this is so embarrassing.

"Babe are you alright?'' Jason interjects.

"We're having a party at Samuel's. Are you coming or not?" Liz chimes in, her voice laced with anger.

"Woah chill.'' Jason answers in defence. I hate this.

"Fucking bitch.'' I whisper.

"What did you just say?'' Liz gets up from the chair.

"Actually, I have a presentation tomorrow, and I need to prepare for it. So, no, I won't be coming," I assert.

"Suit yourself," Liz replies dismissively, rolling her eyes.

I run my thumb around his cheek "Next time. I'm sorry."

"Fine'' he says and brushes his lips against my cheek.

Shit it's already six. I better go back and get ready. "Okay guys I'm gonna head out, " I say and take a leave.