Chapter Five

~ Now ~
November 19th

Angelina heard Victoria groan beside her as Conrad sighed frustrated in response to her groan. The three of them sat inside the campus library studying for an upcoming math exam. Angelina and Victoria sat beside each other as Conrad sat across from Angelina.

Angelina looked over at Victoria tugging a strand of red behind her ear getting lost with the black in her hair. Victoria had shiny black hair with two strands of red in the front. Angelina watched quietly as she saw Victoria's hand that was fully covered with a flower tattoo tap her pencil away against the desk. She groaned again, "I don't understand how the two of you are so damn good at math. I hate it. It's like it was solely invented to make my life miserable."

Angelina chuckled. "Yes V, I'm so sure that's why they specifically invented mathematics, to make your life a living hell."

Victoria turned to stare at Angelina as she raised an eyebrow. Angelina smiled as she watched the little pierced golden hoop ring on Victoria's bottom lip curve up to a smirk. "It's like you understand me, gorgeous- I have a great idea. What if you two do the study guide while I take a nap and then I could just copy it after?" Victoria then pouted so Angelina can feel sympathy for her.

Angelina shook her head and returned her gaze towards her study guide. She didn't want to stare into Victoria's puppy dog green eyed stare because Angelina knew she would easily give in to Victoria's request.

Angelina grew to like Victoria quickly in the short amount of time she's been here at Brown. She was thankful she got roomed with someone that understood her. Victoria was from New York and had a slight accent. Her right arm was covered in tattoos, from her collarbone down to the edge of her hand. But the thing they related most with, was that Victoria's mom passed away from a car accident when she was only six years old. They were able to connect on a level only very few knew.

"No. You have to contribute to the study guide if you want our answers," Conrad said to Victoria, not bothering to look her way. "You don't get a free pass in life."

Victoria scoffed and rolled her eyes at his dramatics. "You're so uptight sometimes. Maybe try loosing up a little, Connie."

Angelina held back a laugh knowing Conrad got annoyed whenever Victoria called him Connie. The day he met Victoria in their dorm room, he told her that nickname was held for friends only and he didn't know her. Victoria made it her mission to annoy him thereafter.

Watching Victoria glare at Conrad caused laughter to come from Angelina as she subconsciously reach to twist the flower pendant on her necklace. "Calm down you two."

Victoria eyed Angelina's movement and smiled softly, "that necklace is so pretty. Your brother has good taste Connie."

Conrad's body stiffened as he slowly lifted his gaze from his math study guide to look at the necklace held within Angelina's fingers against her chest. That was the same necklace he helped put on her a couple days ago in her dorm. He didn't realize it was his brother that gave it to her. "Jere gave you that?" Conrad asked.

Angelina nodded letting go of the flower pendant. "Yeah he did. When we went to the Cousin's carnival together this past summer."

"Why are you still wearing it? He broke up with you," Conrad said dryly.

Victoria cut in answering as she waved her hand nonchalantly, "Why are you asking? If she wants to wear it, she can."

Conrad finally turned to look at Victoria giving her a confused look as she simply tilted her head in a way to taunt Conrad. Victoria bit her lower lip where her golden hoop lip ring was at. "Do you have a problem, Connie?"