Chapter II - Where are your table manners?

Chapter II

Where are your table manners?

It was Alice's twentieth birthday that August morning and she woke up underneath the covers of her large bed in the arms of her bunny friend Jerome March.

"Happy birthday," Jerome whispered, nuzzling his cold nose into her cheek.

"Thank you," Alice replied, affectionately rustling his curls of hair where his favorite spot between his large pair of brown ears was located.

The two friends lied there silently in the comfort of the warmth. Alice watched as the sun rays shimmered its way through her pink and lime curtains that covered her bay windows and the light bounced off of her large white piano and onto the mirror of her vanity, creating a rainbow glare.

As Alice stared off into space, she couldn't help but wonder if her family knew that today was her birthday. She wondered this numerous occasions when it was "that time of year". She would have loved to visit her family and spend that precious birthday with the ones that she loved. Oh, Alice loved her friends in Wonderland but she always felt that family came first. The yearning to see her mother and father and her brother and grandparents gather around her was tugging at her heart and slowly a tear fell from those glassy blue eyes of hers.

Alice could not go back home, for she did not know where home was. When she entered Wonderland, all senses of how she - including Mister Brown - arrived there had vanished. All that she knew was that she could not leave Wonderland.

The soft songs of flutes and violets lured Alice down the marble stairs and she beamed at the sight of her three musicians playing away on their instruments, producing a cheery melody. Alice was dressed in a light blue Victorian dress that cut four-inches above her knees and had light peach netting underneath her skirt. Light blue ruffles were lined along the rim of her skirt and the sleeves of her dress that were just three-inches above her wrist. Light blue and peach bows were aligned down the middle of her chest and the neck of her dress was of white lace with a light blue bow tied around her neck.

White lace finger-less gloves were tied to each of her hands with large white bows and the color of her nails matched the light blue of her dress with multi-colored glitter.Alice wore white thigh-high stockings that were attached to a white lace garter underneath her dress. Besides the tune that was being played, the sound of her six-inch platform heels made a sharp upon the marble as she made her way down the stairs. A thick layered White lace sprouted out from the part of the shoe that hid her toes and fluttered upward above her ankle and the thick white buckles kept the lace from falling down and over.

Her two servants - Annabell and the other Augustine - waited at the bottom, twisting this way and that, grinning. They admired the pink, blue, and gold glitter eye shadow that circled her crystal eyes and black feather lashes and the pink gloss on her lips that shimmered. The two began to smooth their hands over her straightened blond hair and Augustine fluffed out the peachy-pink feather that sprouted out of her "cocked" hat that was lined with a pink and silver glitter strip and white ruffles lined the tip of her hat.

"Are the guest here?" Alice asked, as the trio walked past the musicians and throw one of the double doors that led down a long hall. White columns were lined along down each of the two walls and white curtains covered the long walls of windows and brought in heavenly light that sparkled off the white and black diamond flooring.