" I want to move her into town so I can operate on her immediately." Ichabod said.

Everyone looked at him with confusion and disgusted looks. Seeing that I was the only one to understand the importance of Ichabod's instructions I walked over to the coffin and began to pick up one side. "Masbath come help me." I instructed. He quickly came around to the other side and we lifted the coffin off the ground and started to walk it into town.

*******

We walked into Dr. Thomas Lancaster office with the coffin and made our way over to the operating table. Where we placed the coffin on the floor beside it and two men carefully placed the widow winship's body on the table.

"We need to operate immediately." Ichabod said entering the room.

"Operate? She's dead."  Dr. Thomas Lancaster said which made me laugh alittle.

"Of course when we say operate we mean we will be needing the operating table." Ichabod explained as if it was common knowledge.

"Once again the neck wound cauterized and the sword thrust to the stomach.... but what purpose? But for what purpose is the question." Ichabod said as he started to pull out odd looking tools from his bag.

"What are those?" I asked curiously pointing at the odd tools on the table.

"Some of my own design. Alright Young Masbath step outside same with you Y/N. Everyone outside I work better alone." Ichabod said pushing everyone out the door.

*********

It was nearly an hour later before Ichabod came out of that room but when he did I was surprised to see him cover from head to toe in blood.

"What did you find out?" The gathering men of the council asked.

"The widow winship was with child we are dealing with a mad man." Ichabod said looking very uncomfortable.

Slowly the crowd left talking about this new information. "Well I can see you had fun in there. Anyway let's get you back to my house and clean you up." I said starting to walk back home. As we walked back home I noticed people looking over at Ichabod and whispering probably something terrible and false. And finally I had, had enough.

"YOU KNOW IT IS VERY RUDE TO TALK ABOUT PEOPLE BEHIND THEIR BACKS! YOU WOULD THINK THAT THIS TOWN WOULD BE ALITTLE BIT NICER CONSIDERING HOW HARD CONSTABLE CRANE IS WORKING TO HELP SOLVE THESE MURDERS! SO WHY DON'T YOU ALL JUST KEEP YOUR THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS TO YOURSELVES! AND SHOW ALITTLE MORE APPRECIATION!" I yelled out to the town before turning around and grabbing both Masbath's and Ichabod's hands to drag them along with me.

After what felt like forever we finally made it back to my house I sent Young Masbath to get towls for me while I instructed Ichabod to sit on the front step outside the door. I went inside and poured water in a big bowl and brought it outside to Ichabod with the towls that Masbath brought down for me. I sat on the front step next to Ichabod and dipped the towel in the water to wet it and gently used it to wipe the blood off Ichabod's face. After I had cleaned off Ichabod's face and neck I picked up his hand and started to wipe the blood off his hands and arms.

"Thank you for that." Ichabod said.

"For what?" I asked.

"For standing up for me I guess I should have known people would notice a man covered in blood wandering around." Ichabod explained.

"It was nothing I just can't stand how people make comments about things with no knowledge of the situation. I just didn't want anyone getting the wrong idea." I said.

"What idea would that be?" Ichabod asked.

"Um.... well that a stranger from the city came into town and dug people up in a cemetery and cut them open." I said.

"I guess that does sound bad." Ichabod said turning his head to look at me.

I chuckled alittle as I saw one single speck of blood still on ichabod's nose. I lifted the towel and wipped it off and as I did I noticed Ichabod was looking at me. And as we just sat there I found myself thinking that he was cute as I examined his messy hair and beautiful brown eyes that contrasted his pale skin. Suddenly the door opened and Young Masbath stood in the opening.  I quickly looked away from Ichabod and up at Masbath.

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Yes, I hate to asked but.... when will we be having dinner?" He asked.

"I sorry I didn't realize how late it had gotten I will get started on it right now." I said collecting the towls. As I went to grab the bowl of water Ichabod's hand got in the way.

"Allow me it's the least I can do." He said.

"Thank you." I said walking back inside.

As I washed my hands to start dinner Ichabod went upstairs to change his clothes and when he came back he explained that he was going to check and make sure all the graves and bodies were back in place before it got to be to late. As I watched him walk out the door and past the window on Gunpowder I found myself wishing he hadn't left.