|08|

'I can't believe you've never seen this film!'

The pair had spent half an hour on making their cue cards, Ai a little bit longer because she had been adamant that she wanted hers to "look pretty." Then when they were finished, instead of swapping cards like Ai had planned, Sebastian had been adamant to ask her every question for her to answer.

They had gotten through most of them learning a lot along the way like the fact that Ai had 2 brothers, whilst Sebastian had one younger sister; Ai was a dog person which Sebastian found hilarious; Sebastian absolutely loved cuddles, especially with his little sister.

Generally they were complete opposites. If her favourite colour was pink, his was green; where she liked spicy food, he enjoyed sweet food; where he had always wanted to find his mate and settle down, she had always been focused on succeeding in her career.

That being said, their differences made for moments that they could laugh about together.

'Seriously,' Ai continued, quickly stealing a chip from his plate. 'This one one of the biggest films in the early 2000's!'

Ai turned back to her tv screen where she had, after searching diligently on netflix, managed to find the hidden treasure that she had been searching for.

'I can't believe this was your favourite film, the dude sparkles in the sun!' Sebastian laughed; he had never met a vampire before, they were rumoured to have been thriving in the nordic countries but he seriously doubted that they would sparkle. 'Oh no, did you have a thing for vampires? Should I be worried?'

Ai laughed, the sound of it melodic to Sebastian's ears. He had never heard her laugh before, but the sound had been enough to light him up like a starry night. Better yet, to know that it was him that had made her laugh... his heart could burst with joy. The only thing he wanted for her was for her to be happy.

'I was always team Jacob,' Ai grinned. She had never been a crazy fan like her best friend in middle school who had a lifesize cardboard cutout of Edward in her room, but she had definitely written terrible fanfiction back in the day. Looking back on it, it all seemed so silly. 'Though you're right, I can't believe I loved this. They're both terrible, abusive shitstains. That being said, it still didn't deserve the amount of hate it got and I stand by that.'

'Just like I still stand by my 13 year old self on the fact that Jacob is hotter than Edward.' She stole another chip, whilst he took a sip from his refilled margarita mug. 'The movies clearly agree because he basically spends the entire franchise with his shirt off.'

'And what about me? I am a real werewolf after all...' Sebastian teased with a lopsided grin. His eyes sparkled with a mischievous glint as he tried to pull off a little flirt. 'I could take my shirt off too, in the interest of making the judging fair of course.'

Ai blushed, her cheeks reddening with her blush. She had already seen him without a shirt on, and her ancestors would probably have a fit if they knew how often she had that image floating in her head.

It would be a complete lie to pretend that she didn't want him to shuck his shirt off and let her see the glorious abs she knew were waiting underneath. Her fingers itched with the desire for her to run her hands over his skin, tracing every dip and crevice on his body, starting with his sharp ridged brows, angular jawline down to his torso.

She realised he was still there grinning, that playful look only growing at her flusteredness. She knew she had to say something— anything.

'I'm not going to pick a teenage boy over a near 30 year old man.' Ai rolled her eyes, hoping her cheeks had not given away her blush. Looking away as she muttered under her breath, "It's not like there would be any competition."