Prologue

Wolf spirits were some of the most powerful avatars of the grid. They were rare compared to the infinitude of lions and tigers, or dragons and phoenixes, however they were just as, if not more potent beings.

However, while a single wolf totem was powerful, their true power lied in their pack. Due to the rarity of their own, they tended to adapt other spirits as their pack and while their pseudo pack of animal spirits appeared to gain power from their unity, it was at best miniscule in face of the power that would be harnessed when a true wolf pack arose.

In many universes, a vengeful lone wolf spirit wanted more of their own and their vessel invented a curse that could spread among other mortals and replace their individual spirits with that of the wolf, creating a true pack... But these wolves were often at war with themselves and the chaos of their minds and souls transformed them into feral beings, driven by primal violence.

The champions of the Grid fought against these creatures, who came to be known as werewolves and drove them to the point of extinction.

However, the dark wolves lurked in the shadows of the Grid, waiting for a chance to strike and establish themselves as the predominant force in the universe.

The forces of the Underworld had failed time and again to conquer the magical realm and the human city of Briarwood that served as their portal of entry to the mundane universe and each time, their attempt to best those who opposed them, the heroic Mystic Force, became more depraved.

Bandora, the dark witch, who now ruled the Underworld with her husband Morticon, after betraying her father, the self-proclaimed Master, smirked as she eyed her newly formed army.

Her previous attack had involved granting the powers of her dark knight to a werewolf mercenary, who had slayed the red mystic ranger. Though they hadn't managed to achieve victory because of the unexpected revelation that the red mystic not only wielded the powers of the phoenix, but was actually host to a phoenix spirit, which essentially made him immortal, the fact that if it was any other ranger who had been slain, the rangers would have suffered a harrowing loss, bolstered her spirits.

She smirked, tapping the armrest of her throne with her black nails. Her husband grunted beside her. She saw the vampire queen not move from her position in the shadowy catacombs, still in a state of mourning after learning of her daughter's death. Koragg kneeled in front of them.

"How did you convince him to join us?" Morticon asked, baffled that the Master's most loyal soldier had chosen to follow them even after learning how they had betrayed him.

"I had the right motivation." She smirked, beckoning her knight to stand.

"Mistress." The purple knight said deeply.

"It is time to act." She stood up and floated towards the center of the hall, a cracked crystal dome, previously where the 'Eye' of the Master stood.

"Koragg, stand here." She commanded. A spell circle appeared underneath the knight once he took his position.

Bandora's pupils darkened as her head rolled back and black magic flared from her arms. The circle glowed with purple light and traversed upwards, encasing Koragg in a hollow cylinder made of swirling dark symbols.

Bandora started chanting in the tongue of the Ancients and the Underworld shook wildly, threatening to collapse on itself. Morticon held on to his throne frantically. Necrolai shrieked, taking cover as multiple boulders broke down from above, crushing unsuspecting hidiacs underneath them.