Why did it happen...

(THIS IS A PART 2 TO GIRLS NIGHT OUT)

(Nicky's POV) 

It's been 4 hours, where is Ashley? They were supposed to be home an hour ago. Did something happen? I paced around the living room, Dawn was out with Mae, Ricky had Science Camp, and Dicky, I have no idea where Dicky is. But the only thing on my mind was Ashley, I felt helpless, like if something happened I wasn't there to prevent it. I was probably being melodramatic, but something didn't feel right... My phone started ringing, was Ashley calling?

 I picked up my phone, It was Avery. Why was she calling me? I answered and heard a panicking and crying Avery, "Nicky!!" She yelled frantically "What!? Is something wrong?!!!" I said, "Very wrong, Lorelei is being held in Brawnsboro Hospital, she's stable but in critical condition.. She was.. struck by lightning.." She says in a very upset tone. I dropped my phone, tears streaming down my face... I ran outside screaming and crying... I was devastated, I felt miserable... I couldn't hold back the tears all I could do is run.

 I ran and ran, I decided that I'd run all the way to her, to the hospital. Why... why.. WHY!? I kept screaming and wailing. I made it to the hospital where she was being held and I ran to the front desk my face beat red and covered in tears. 

"Are you ok!? Can I help you!?" The lady at the front desk asked.

"Could you tell me what room Ashley Wells is in...?" I answered

"Yes, but it's for visiting family only.." She said.

"I'm her brother." I lied

"Ok, room 233, second floor, critical service hallway" She told me

"Ok... Thanks." I said and left to go see her. I came to the room she was in to see my friend Felix Roberts, Taylor, and Avery in two tents. "Felix?! Guys!?" I questioned

"What are you doing with tents." I asked while still sniffling

"We are camping here until she is safe to leave or until we can see her" Taylor said,

"I told them i'm her brother, I'll just peak in.." I said

"Ok, but be quiet.. she hasn't woken up yet" Felix told me, I walked into the medium sized room, about the size of her and Dawn's room. There were flowers from Felix and Taylor, and a Teddy Bear from her dad, Who is sitting in the chair next to her bed, I walked over to her and held her hand that was leaning off the bed and spoke softly "I'm so sorry... you didn't deserve this.." I said shedding tears "P-Please.. Wake up.. I can't live without knowing you're alright.." I said crying.. Why did this happen.. I wanted to scream, but I knew she needed quiet. I'm gonna stay with the girls and Felix. I'm gonna stay until she wakes up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I called the quads, they were devastated. But Ricky still had camp, and Dawn and Dicky had other things too, they wished they could stay... My parents said I could stay, they all visited her once or twice a day. We had been camping out there for about 2 days.. Until eventually, my friend Andrew came to join us, He had gotten a 4 day break from his job at Fizzrolli's. 

"Andrew?!" Avery said

"Waiter boy????" Taylor questioned in complete confusion. It took them a little bit to realize that Me, Andrew, and Felix are friends. That made me chuckle. The girls except Lorelei all know I like Ashley...

(Taylor's POV) 

It was the worst week of our lives.. I was depressed, but I can't even explain the pain and suffering that was happening to the quads.. She was like a sister to them. I wanted to tell everyone how tired I was of this. I couldn't stay in that hospital forever. But if it meant seeing Ashley first hand, It was worth it. This was taking a toll of all of us.. But it was worse for Nicky and Mr. Wells, Her best friend and her own father.. we were in the hallway for days just sitting and waiting for her.. I hope that this morning is the morning she wakes, The room had been filled with chocolate, sunflowers, yellow and pink roses and teddy bears.. This had been going on for almost 3 days now, just time passing by.

(Nicky's POV)

I think we were all tired... I couldn't hold this in anymore. She had to wake up, I needed her to. Wake. Up.. I had enough.. I stood up and yelled to everyone

"I can't anymore! She needs to wake up! I'm tired of waiting.. I need her now.. I can't wait any longer." I get out of the tent and storm over to the room

"Nicky! Wait!" Avery and Taylor rush over to me, It was too late. I had already started, I walked in the room and screamed

"WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP!! WAKE UP ASHLEY, GET UP, MOVE. I NEED YOU AWAKE NOW!" I screamed I wanted to scream until she rose awake. But Avery and Taylor rushed in and grabbed me and started to pull me back trying to talk sense into me. 

"NO, GET OFF! Please.. STOP" I struggle and start to cry.. They took me back to the tent and before I knew it.. She spoke... 

"N- Nicky....?" She barely said.. My tears stopped and I smiled with the biggest smile ever, I rushed over and hugged her tightly, then I let go quickly so I didn't hurt her. But i'm so happy 

"Guys!!!! SHES AWAKE!" I yell, They all rush over

I hold her hand and smile, I sit in the chair next to her and just look at her. She moves her head over to me, I can't help but smile, I bend over and kiss her cheek, She grins and chuckles.

"I knew it was dangerous.." She says, still grinning..

"I'm so happy you are okay, I was worried you wouldn't live to see 13" I say with small tears of joy

"You scared me.. I thought you were a goner" I tell her

"I am so sorry Nick.. I didn't mean to.." She apologizes

"Shh.. It's ok.. It wasn't your fault" I say putting my hand on her forehead calming her.. I sit there for a few hours just sitting in her presence.. I love her.. I am not gonna hold it back this time, I don't care about heartbreak. I know how I feel,

(Ashley's POV)

I was still in pain, but I was awake. Just laying down while Nicky strokes my forehead, He always did that when I was sad or in pain.. I love him.. He has always been the first one there for me.. He was always the one to comfort me in the worst of my sorrows to the least of my worries. I think he loves me too.. But I don't know for sure, I can't be certain.. But according to Tay and Ave, He definitely acts like it.

(Nicky's POV)

I wanted to tell her that I loved her.. But words couldn't describe it, So I did the closest thing to it. I leaned over, and placed a soft kiss on her lips, she kissed back and we had a soft kiss for just a second.

"What was that for.." She says smiling

"I don't know.. I just.. wanted to kiss you..?" I say with my voice going up, I start to blush and she smiles.. Then, she pulls me in for one more kiss. She pulls back and says

"Thank you, Nicky.."

"For what?" I ask

"For being here with me.. I can't imagine how hard it was to stay in a hospital for however long you stayed in this hospital" She says with a chuckle.

"Your welcome, I would do it all over again." I tell her, She smiles and lays her head back down, We eventually fall asleep, my hand still in hers...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I LOVED MAKING THIS CHAPTER SO MUCHHHHHH, THE CHEMISTRY IN THE SCENES IS SO ADORABLE... I LOVE ITTTTTT!!