1. " Things Lost in the Rain "

Start from the beginning

Writing one's name amplifies its power to protect whatever is inside. Names are more powerful than words. It was what his mother taught him. Not just on people but to everything as well. It is the basic foundation of deploying a barrier within their clan. Afterwards, Haru places Yuuki inside. The circle glows in green light as if it acknowledged owner's name.

"Promise me you mustn't leave this circle until I come back. I've enhanced the barrier so you'll be safe. I'll be back quickly.", Haru told his sister.

Yuuki looks up at him and opens her mouth to speak but her voice won't come out.

Haru turns to look at the direction of the manor with a frown on his face. He can no longer feel any presence, be it Hollows or people.

Yuuki tried to call out to him but no words went past her lips. So instead she reaches her hand out towards him but he suddenly runs off. She could only watch as he disappeared through the folliage with the questions stuck in her head. 'Who is he? What's happening? Where am I? Why can't I remember anything? And why can't I..... speak?'

Although, one thing is for certain, she strongly felt that she could trust him. He seemed very familiar but she couldn't remember.

*******

Running back to their house, Haru frantically searches for his father. He went back to the place where he last saw him but there was no sign of anyone or anything. Nothing was there anymore despite the fact that he was fighting dozens of Hollows not too long ago. He searched the whole place while calling out for him but only silence answered. Even his mother's body was gone as well as everyone else's. He feared for the worst. Everything was already claimed by the Abyss. He knew he can't stay any longer knowing he'll be dragged into the Abyss as well. Yuuki was also waiting for him.

Haru turns around when he felt someone else's presence. But before he could even react, a sword went through him from behind. The attacker kicks Haru at the back pulling out the sword in the process. Haru coughs up blood and staggers as he faces his attacker. Recognition made his eyes widen in shock.

The attacker a has gray shoulder length hair tied to his back and his eyes were the color of blood, his face was devoid of any emotion.

Haru falls to his knees. Blood drips from his mouth as he slowly succumbs to his injuries. "S-Shin... jo...n-... wh-", was all he managed to say as consciousness left him.

Shinjo smiles wickedly as Haru crumpled to the ground, unmoving. Moments later, they were both engulfed by a black mist and vanished.

*******

It wasn few hours later when three Shinigamis came to investigate. Seireitei tracked so many Hollows in once place so they sent the three of them since they were already in the world of the living.

"Taichou, are you sure you're alright?", Rangiku, a beautiful and busty woman with reddish blonde, wavy hair, asked in concern.

"I'm fine.", Toushirou, a short white haired kid, simply said.

"Are you sure? You suddenly collapsed! It wasn't fine at all! You gave us quite a scare back there. And now you're acting as if nothing happened!", Momo, a black haired said, concern lacing her voice and features.

Toushirou heaves a sigh and faces his two female companions. "Matsumoto, Hinamori, I told you already, I'm fine. I don't know what happened either but once we get back I'll ask Unohana about it so stop worrying already."

Momo and Rangiku exchanged brief glances before Momo finally relented.

"O-Okay then.....", Momo tentatively said.