~19~

Wednesday's POV:

I woke up the next morning, surprised that I slept after all that had gone on yesterday. I roll over to the side to face Enid, but she's not there.

Concerned, I sit up and glance over at her side. She's not there either. Where could she have gone?

I yawn and rub my eyes as I stand. My clock reads 8:07. Enid's never up this early on the weekends. I peek over at my calendar just to make sure it's the weekend, and I'm not missing classes.

It's Saturday, October 9. As my eyes scan the planner for the upcoming week, I realize the fencing tournament is on the 15th.

This Friday!

I have been so caught up in all of the chaos between Xavier and me and Enid and Ajax... that I completely forgot to be practicing for the tournament.

I quickly marked it down that I have to practice every day after school this week for an hour. With me, Wednesday Addams, on the team, we should definitely get 1st place.

I finish up writing to grab some fresh clothes for the day and jump in the shower. I want to wash the stench of yesterday's events off.

Enid drifted away from my mind as soon as the fencing tournament popped up. Now where the hell is she?

——————————

Enid's POV:

I unlock the door and walk into the dorm room. I went out early this morning to buy a little gift for me and Wednesday. So much happened yesterday that I think we need a break.

I wanted some me and Wednesday time now and I'd invite the girls over later.

I look over to find Wednesday not in bed, but I hear water running from her bathroom. She's probably getting a shower.

I grab one of my unused blankets and a couple of small pillows. The window swings open as I step out onto the balcony. I started to set up. I lay the blanket down, placed the pillows down, and put the things I brought on the side. I even got a little candle since I made sure it wasn't going to be windy.

But the only problem is I don't know how to light it.

I know where a lighter is, though. Wednesday has everything. I step back inside and trot over to her desk, looking through her drawers until I find what I need.

The water isn't running anymore, which means she'll be out anytime soon. I quickly and quietly ran back out to the balcony, hoping she didn't hear me.

Wednesday's POV:

I exit the bathroom, instantly feeling that a presence is nearby. I discover my drawer slightly ajar as I open it wide. My lighter has been taken.

Who on Earth would take a lighter? And why?

Suddenly, it's like Satan has answered my question. I hear squealing and whimpering out on the balcony and I peer through the window. I see Enid trying to light a candle.

Such a scaredy cat. I snicker and roll my eyes.

I open the window and step out, scaring Enid.
She growls at me as I smile slightly and quickly before I sit down next to her.