𝙁𝙄𝙍𝙀𝘿 𝙐𝙋 𝙄𝙎𝙊𝙇𝘼𝙏𝙄𝙊𝙉

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩♩✧♪●♩○♬☆☆♬○♩●♪✧♩♩✧♪●♩○♬☆☆♬○♩●♪✧♩

Throughout the following week, you did try call Alcina but she never picked up. You walked about the town trying to spot her but could not see her and so you sat in the flower shop, wallowing in your own stupidity.
You hummed her song over and over again, her favourite song: Fever by Peggy Lee. You had it stuck in your head and by the time the flower store owner came to check up on you, you had fallen asleep.

A loud bang on the table made you jolt awake and groan.
" Get out!" The owner shouted.
" What?" You frowned in confusion.
" You're sleeping while you should be working! You're fired!" He shouted.
You didn't have the energy to debate with him and so you did pack your things and leave. You walked down the street kicking rocks in the most unladylike fashion ever. You eventually sat by a fountain and stared at the running water, until you heard a someone clear their throat.

You turned your head to see who it was and rught in front of you was Alcina's husband. A whole bunch of thoughts raced through your mind, did she die? What happened? Why is he here? Does he know about my love for her?
" Mr Dimitrescu." You stood up.
The man was clearly drunk. " Alcina asks for you." He merely stated.
" Now?"
Mr Dimitrescu sat down next to you and you backed away from him. he stunk of beer and cigarettes.
" She talks about you still." He said, coughing afterwards.
You nodded and stood up, saying goodbye to the man and practically running towards Alcina's house. You knocked on the door and a small woman opened it.
" Hi, I'm Y/n, I'm here to see—"
" Yes, come in." The woman let you through the door and you made your way inside, trying to spot Alcina in every corner of the house.

" Where is she?" You asked.
" Outside." The woman pointed to the door which led to the back garden. You rushed towards it and pushed the door open.

You spotted Alcina sitting on a chair in the shade under a tree, reading a book. You approached her, trying not to make much sound, you did not wish to alarm her.
" Alci?" You said in a whisper.
She drew her eyes away from the book and took of her reading glasses. She looked to you and her eyes widened. Almost immediately, Alcina sprung up from her chair and hugged your tightly. You almost tumbled back before hugging her too.
" You're here. Why are you here?" She asked, pulling away from the hug.
" Your husband... He saw me in town and explained that you were calling for me." You shrugged.
Alcina merely nodded and hugged you again.

" That night in the graveyard, I'm sorry. I was so—"
" Hush, it's okay. You have nothing to be sorry about. Your emotions are valid and understandable." You said reassuringly.
Alcina pulled away from the hug and sat back in the chair, sighing.
" It's too quiet, and the problem is that I think I have grown so used to silence. I have not gone out in forever and I won't probably sing again." She explained.
You knelt down in front of her, and listened intently.
" We can go for tea?"
" No." She said a bit too loudly. " No." She said in a quieter voice.
You looked down and thought for a moment.
" What are you going to do?" You asked.
" I don't know. A part of me wishes to find purpose through something, I just don't know what yet. And another part of me wishes to be dead. There is no point in my life. My husband is horrible and he will probably waste away and die soon by the looks of things. I think I'll do the same."

Your heart broke at the thought of Alcina dying.
" You have me, I'm here. I won't leave you." You assured her
She smiled and turned to face you.
" Yes. But you'll go back home. I'll be here forever. It seems..." Alcina sighed and opened her book again.
" Alci, tell me what you want." You said to her in a pleading manner.
" My daughters. I want my family gathered around the fireplace on Christmas like we were last year."
You couldn't give that to her. You couldn't bring her daughters back from the dead and you surely couldn't change her husband.
You merely nodded in response and sat yourself down on the grass.

" What do you want?" Alcina asked.
" To belong." You responded.
Alcina frowned in confusion, prompting you to elaborate.
" Alci, I want to belong. All my life, I've lived in ither people's houses. I have rented houses, I have tried to include myself, but to no avail. I want a home that is mine. I'm tired of seeing everyone's lives progress and blossom. My life is a thorn. It priccks me every single time I try to reach out for the rose." You explained, rambling and then regretting your emotional outburst.
Alcina nodded with understanding.
" Things will get better, you'll see." Alcina assured you.
You frowned. " If you believe that, then you must not give up, Alcina."
Alcina sighed and smiled sadly. " There is no purpose anymore. Life is not worth living if you're stuck in your back garden doing absolutely nothing. I don't have reason to go out."
" Make me your reason."
Alcina sighed again and took a deep breath. " I don't want reason. I want to accept my fate." Alcina said.
You tried to speak but Alcina put her glasses back on.

" I'll go." You whispered, squeezing her hand.
" Goodbye." Alcina said with a small smile, looking up at you.
" I'll visit soon." You smiled to her and left her house, heading back to the town where you hummed the Peggy Lee song.

On your return back to your living quarters, you sat on your bed and soaked yourself with isolation, wanting the night to come so sleep could consume you and take your worries away for a few hours.

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩♩✧♪●♩○♬☆☆♬○♩●♪✧♩♩✧♪●♩○♬☆☆♬○♩●♪✧♩

𝙃𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙣𝙤 𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙖 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙢 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝙄𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙮 𝙗𝙞𝙩 𝙨𝙖𝙙, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙮 𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜.