🎶 // salvatore can wait .. / lyr ( Specter )

Fandom : Specter , specifically Specter 2 since im more familiar with it .

( might include spoilers for specter 1 and 2 )

Shade ( ghost ) x reader

==

( reader pov )

It was a dark night , rainy as well. As the rain hit the van i was driving, i started to get a bit worried. Ghost hunting by myself is like risking my life for someone, but i need the job anyway. Rent has skyrocketed for the past year and i cant keep up with it. Trident was my only job I had, until it got shut down by someone named 'Peacekeeper'. Now im a wanted felon, working a job that only pays me 50 per job i do.

I drove the van into the Trident parking lot and hopped out of it. I grab the remote and I open the back of the van, turning on the lights of the pitch black cargo. The monitor that tells me the name of the person who died shows up.. why does the name sound familiar ....

I shrug and take the necessary equipment i need. Ghost Goggles , book , emf , spirit box , thermometer , and motion sensor. Cant forget about the crucifix. I grab the keys to the building and head inside, turning on my flashlight and the emf reader. After a couple of hours of searching, I found the room where the ghost is at.

Breelyn Marshall ' s office.

Her name just sends shivers down my spine, I dont know why. I set up the equipment and placed the motion sensor at one of the doors. The emf device starts giving me emf 5. I sigh in fear and writes emf 5 in the evidence log. I turn on the spirit box and i start talking to the ghost.

" How old are you ? " I asked the ghost. I felt it hesitate for some reason before answering. " Young . " I then write spirit box in the evidence log. The rain starts to pound really loudly on the outer windows of the building, its getting more ominous the longer i stay here. I check my watch, two minutes are up. The ghost should start hunting, and it did.

" I need to hide ... " I utter, looking for a closet, but to no avail. I hear the ghost ' s footsteps coming closer to the office. I look around and the ghost looks at me through one of the doors..

( Shade pov )

The air is thin.. ( reader ) is standing there .. looking scared ..
I feel remorse , i shouldn ' t feel this. I approach this person and i reach out to them. It looks like they ' re going to pull out the cross.

I cup their face with my hand. " W - What are you doing ?! You ' re supposed to kill me ! " They pronounce towards me. My ghastly sigh startles the poor ghost hunter.

" Im not that type of ghost .. its okay "

They look at me with fear , trying to say something but they keep stuttering. They ' re scared for their life.

" You need this job dont you? You have no other choice other than this. They pay you a fair amount each hunt and job you survive, correct?" I state, my voice becoming raspier as i speak. I havent spoken to anyone since I ' ve died. ( reader ) nods.

" Rent has been up by a lot and this is the only way i can pay it .." ( reader ) stammers as they start to shiver due to my coldness as a ghost. " I feel like you ' ve worked here before .. " I comment , looking around Breelyn ' s office , it seems a bit tattered to me. " Yeah .. the only job I had that was actually a fair paying job .. " they say .

I kneel down to their level , hovering over the ground a couple of inches away from the ground. I hold their arms gently, my cold fingers giving them a shiver down their spine. I mutter something under my breath and i pull them in for a hug. ( reader ) doesnt know how to react, but simply hugged back. I was stunned, how can a mortal being hug a paranormal being?

I also felt really uncomfortable during this situation. Im a shy ghost, they labeled me that. A ... shade . I didnt want to be constricted to that simple label ..

They shook in my grip, I let them go. I started to slowly disappear as my hunting time starts to dwindle " What type of ghost are you .. " ( reader ) called out to me. I look at my hands and looked at them, my hollow eyes looking at them. I smiles softly.

" A Shade . "

( reader ) nods and writes down shade as the ghost type. They pick up the stuff from the ground and they hand me something, a token of some sorts.

" For you to carry onto the afterlife, i sense that you didnt recieve anything before you died. "

I simply nodded. I held onto the token tightly, holding it up to my chest as i disappear, forever haunting this wretched place.

( reader pov )

I quickly scurried to the van , placing the stuff i brough with me down on the floor , the items hitting the van ground with a thud. I snatch a Sanity Soda and I chug it down, checking my sanity. It was at 48%. Good thing I drank the soda. I put the keys back and closed the van up, heading to the drivers seat, starting the van and leaving the parking area.

Hopefully that Shade will remember what they did to me.

I reconsidered working for this ghost hunting agency after this job. I got paid and then i quitted, i get to keep the van.

......

936 words