Chapter 2: The news

After classes were over, I decided to go to the front of the academy to meet up with Miles. He said he would pay so I waited for him. After about 20 minutes, he had finally arrived in front of the academy. "Hey, Y/n are you ready to go get something to drink? Like I said, I'll pay." He smiled as he started to walk ahead of me. "After I had to wait 20 minutes after you, you're still the one walking ahead of me." I said rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry, did I upset you?" He said with a grin on his lips. "Anyway, where do you want us to go?" I said. "I was thinking about the cafe next to the academy, we have somewhere to sit down to talk and celebrate being roommates." He said laughing. We started walking towards the cafe slowly, until Miles started asking me some things about myself, which surprised me because no one had ever asked me anything before.

"So Y/N, I heard you just came here to Brooklyn. Where did you live before?" He asked as he walked looking at me. "Oh, I lived in Queens. It's not very far, but we had to come here because my dad got a promotion here in Brooklyn." I answered. "Cool, cool, so how do you like it here? Is it cooler here?" He asked. "Yes, of course!" I laughed. While we were talking, we arrived at the cafe. We went inside and got a drink.

I ordered a Latte Macchiato.

And Miles ordered a coffee.

After we got our drinks, we sat down at a table and we started talking

After we got our drinks, we sat down at a table and we started talking. "So Y/N, tell me a few things about yourself." Miles said. I started to tell him a few things about yourself and what you like. We both felt good and happy. After we finished drinking we decided to head back to the Academy to go to our room. Until then I had not seen the room so I was curious. When we arrived, I opened the door and went inside. I was small, it had two bunk beds, a desk with a chair and a laptop and there were some clothes on the floor.

"Those clothes are mine. Sorry." Miles said. I left the backpack I had on my back next to the bottom bunk bed and sat on it. It was quite late, around 8-9pm. We had school tomorrow so we had to rest. "Well Miles, I'm going to bed. Good night." I said as I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes. "Good night doll." He said. I fell asleep, but a few hours later I woke up in the middle of the night. I opened my phone to see what time it was. 2 in the morning.

I tried to fall back asleep but I couldn't so I decided to scroll on my phone. While I was browsing Instagram, at one point I saw some rather strange news. It was about the Prowler. I didn't know who it was so I decided to look. "The Prowler, a serial killer, killed two people last night. They were carrying some furniture in a truck, but they couldn't make it all the way. They weren't killed with guns, just with claws." Before I could hear what he said next, I was out. A serial killer? Here in Brooklyn? Oh no.. I got out of bed to go to the bathroom. I looked up, Miles was asleep in bed. I entered the bathroom and washed my face. I was looking at the sink and thinking until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I jumped and looked back. It was Miles. "Jesus.. you scared me." I said. "What the hell happened to you? You look like you've seen a ghost." He said.
"How did you-.. whatever, I couldn't sleep so I stayed on the phone until I saw a news story about the Prowler." Miles was surprised, but then said: "And what did they say there?" "He said he killed two people who were putting furniture in a truck." I answered. Miles sighed, but then started to laugh. "Did that news really scared you?" He asked.

"No way!" I said. "I'm gonna go back to sleep." I said heading towards my bed. Miles rolled his eyes and stayed inside the bathroom. Honestly, I didn't care, I just wanted to sleep and forget about the Prowler thing. I closed my eyes and thankfully managed to fall asleep.

The next morning, Miles woke me up. "Y/n wake up. We're going to be late if you don't open those eyes at once!" He said. I barely managed to wake up, so I quickly went to the bathroom and changed into a black hoodie and some blue jeans. I looked like a mess, but I grabbed my bag and left for my class. Miles had a different class so we went to other classrooms. Fortunately, I arrived in time. I sat in a back seat and waited until the bell rang.

When the teacher came in, she brought us some sheets to work on. As I was working on them, I kept thinking about the Prowler. How he killed those poor people.. they didn't deserve it.. But who could it be? What if it's someone from the Academy? It can't be.. I didn't even realize that the break was called until a classmate told me.

I've been thinking about last night's news all day. Apparently this really affected me. My family could be in danger. As I was putting my things in the locker, Miles came up next to me. "Hey Y/n, are you okay? Sorry I made fun of you with the Prowler thing." He said. "It's okay Miles." I said. I closed the locker and headed to my last class.  "Y/n-" He called after me but I ignored him.

"Y/n is acting weird, I need to find out exactly what those news people said about me and I'll have to make sure she doesn't find out I'm the Prowler." He sighed closing the locker.