"Yeah?" Cole quipped with a smile. "I think so too."

Alli beamed at him, placing her hands on the side of Cole's face. She leaned up and pressed a kiss against his lips. Every time she kissed him, Cole just felt like that dazed kiss who just got kissed by the love of his life on the football field. Cole brought her in for a hug, sighing contently into her hair. He peered over her at Willie, making him giggle by pulling a funny face. He pictured another kid sitting up next to him, and felt a surge of happiness.

Cole chuckled to himself, murmuring into her hair, "I guess... I really gave you... the son."

"What was that?"

"Oh, nothing."

Then his family barreled in.

And they never just entered a room, they torpedoed through it.

"There is something deeply wrong with you, Sam," Lila insulted as she burst through the door, a humongous wrapped gift in her hands.

"He's gonna love it!" Sam insisted, following her in.

Cole groaned once he saw what Sam was holding. It was a freaking drum set. If Cole thought there was no peace and quiet now, he was in for it. "Dude, of everything you could've gotten."

Charlie looked apologetic as he said, "I tried to tell him it wasn't a good idea."

"You chipped in!" Sam reminded his boyfriend.

"I told Sam he should do it when he asked," Ashton admitted unhelpfully as he trailed behind them, holding a box of his own. "I like when he makes a fool out of himself."

"This is why we're together," Lila quipped sweetly, giving Ashton a quick kiss on the lips.

"Happy birthday, Willie!" Lorena shouted as she and Matthew entered the apartment.

"Oh, yeah!" Lila exclaimed as if remembering what they were here for to begin with, pointing at the one-year old with a smile. "Happy birthday, Willie!"

Willie smiled, hands sprawled out on the counter. Sam tilted his head. "Still no full sentences?"

"He's barely said a word yet," Alli corrected incredulously.

Sam chuckled, leaning over the counter to Willie. "I'm gonna make your first word a swear, mark my words."

Lorena thumped the back of Sam's head.

"I take it back," Sam recited, hands in the air.

"Hello, everyone!" The group turned to see Scarlett standing there, a birthday bag in her hand. Cole couldn't even imagine what toys they all brought that they hadn't all already gotten Willie. They spoiled that kid rotten.

"Hey, Scar," Alli greeted, going to give her a hug.

Nate grinned as he walked in behind Scarlett, holding the two cakes that Scarlett had made. One was considered the "smash cake", the one Willie could mush up with his hands as he alway did. The other one was for them to actually eat. Nate nodded at Cole as he made his way over, "Hey, man. Happy Willie's birthday."

"Happy Willie's birthday," Cole repeated, clapping Nate on the back and taking one of the cakes.

Willie started making grabby hands at the cakes, his eyes wide and locked on the cakes in front of him. Alli laughed, placing her body in front of the cakes to block them from view. "Not yet, buddy."

His face scrunched slightly, indicating the start of a cry and Cole started to shake his head desperately. Matthew swooped in, picking up Willie instantly. Cole had really grown to become fond of Matthew over the years. He was great with Willie, surprisingly. He and Lorena babysat for them pretty often, and Cole and Alli were incredibly grateful. Willie adored them, and they had a knack for getting him out of his crying fits.

Alli's parents, Gideon and Selene, were a bit more reserved. They liked the Alvarez family, but Cole couldn't blame them for being startled by the family. They also took to babysitting often. Willie loved going to their place. They would surround him with toys, it was his dream. The two were currently sat at the kitchen island as Alli chatted with them happily. Matthew passed Willie to Scarlett when he saw Lorena walk over to Alli's parents, joining in on the conversation.

Scarlett sat down in the middle of their living room, showing Willie various toys they could play with. Willie gripped onto the first one he saw, waving it around and using it incorrectly but at least he was enjoying it. Cole sat down next to her, laying his forearms on his knees.

"You want something to drink?" Cole offered, nodding his head over to the liquor they got. "I can make you something."

"I'm good," Scarlett said tightly, and Cole gave her a sideways look. She stared at him carefully before darting her eyes back to Willie.

"Yeah?" Cole checked with a grin.

She nodded. "Mhm, all set."

Cole chuckled at her. God, she was horrible at hiding things. He offered her a gentle smile as he said, "Congrats."

Scarlett sighed, staring at him beseechingly. "Don't make it a big thing, we aren't gonna tell people for a few more weeks."

"Secrets safe with me," he assured her softly, turning his attention back to Willie. Sam and Lila sat down in the circle. Cole glanced over, seeing their boyfriends speaking with Nate about something. Nate glanced over every once in a while and Cole finally caught his eye. He nodded at him once with a grin and Nate gawked at him, as if able to tell what Cole was trying to say.

Cole was brought back to himself when Alli sat down next to him. He gave her an adoring smile as she took his hand into her own.

I love you, Cole mouthed to her.

Alli beamed at him, mouthing, I love you.

Cole watched his family with a fondness in his eyes and thought his Dad would be pretty damn proud of how they all turned out.

Everyone was together. Everyone was happy. Cole knew he couldn't control everything to come in life. They were all truly happy. He couldn't ask for much more than that.

And in this moment, just for now, all was well.