Chapter 18~ L'amour

L'amour

"And completely in love with you is what I am."
________________________________

🎵 For a more auditory experience, I recommend playing the song in the second slide of the media box when a similar notice like this appears in the later half of this chapter. 🎵

⚠️Warning: 🔞

Blue gawked up at the high ceilings and the long row of art and paintings, her eyes widening with every step.

If Ethan had not been holding her hand, guiding her, she would have bumped into people and objects with the amount of times she had her eyes on anything other than the path in front of her.

Blue had suggested that morning to visit the the most famous art museum in the world... the Louvre, and while Ethan was far from someone who seeked meaning from art, even he was intrigued to see its significance. After all, it was the home to the most famous paintings, and he knew he would regret it if he did not indulge in the artistic culture of Paris while they were here.

They came to a stop at a large painting, both of them gaping at the world renowned painting of the Mona Lisa.

"I've only seen it in textbooks and the internet." Blue said as she let her eyes trail over each detail of the historical painting up-close. "I've looked at this painting dozens of times, but seeing it up close... it's so much more real."

"It is rather bewitching in person." Ethan admitted, taking in the painting as well. "It's--"

"Please don't say indescribable." Blue cut him off, stifling her laughter. "I refuse to believe I married a robot."

"Do I even want to know what ridiculous show you're referencing?" Ethan replied with amusement.

"It's a book that I will be definitely getting you to read when we get home." she laughed in response, squeezing his hand in gentle apology. "Sorry, you were saying?"

"I was saying it's something that I'm sure Evelyn, our former patient would have loved to see." Ethan answered, squeezing her hand back. Blue smiled a little sadly, remembering the sweet woman who had been their patient when she was a second year resident. She had moved the painting that Evelyn had painted for her from her bedroom in her shared apartment with her friends to the living room of her and Ethan's condo, and they still kept up with her achievements time to time.

"I'm sure she would have." Blue nodded. "But I'm glad despite her condition, her art exhibitions have still been doing great."

"Well, she is a gifted artist with or without her sight." Ethan replied in agreement, taking her hand as they moved on to the rest of the displays, enjoying the rest of their afternoon together,

》》》

Since they were already indulging in Parisian arts, Ethan had been keen on attending a show at the Palais Garnier, one of the most famous opera house in the world, and Blue was more than happy to follow along.

As they entered the opera house, they were ushered to a private box that Ethan had managed to snag for them when booking their tickets earlier. Thankfully, the early December crowd of opera-goers had not turned out to be in large numbers, and after a few moments of discussion with each other, Blue and Ethan had decided on watching Lohengrin.

It was originally a German romantic opera told in three acts, with plenty of medieval and artistic elements that had them both intrigued.

Ethan turned away from the crowd of people taking their seats in the seats below and the boxes around them to his wife, his aquamarines taking her in inch by inch once again.