✲ TWO ✲

march 15th, 2019

"And Mollie, how much confidence do you have in the McLaren drivers?"

It was the first day of qualifying and Mollie was at the Australian GP, doing interviews as she supported McLaren.

"I have a lot of confidence," she said smiling, "I wouldn't have partnered with them if I didn't."

"And what made you want to be part of the F1 community?"

"It's got nothing to do with attention from the media or anything if that's what people think," she said chuckling, "I've been a fan ever since I was a little girl and it was something me and my  Grandma did whenever it was on before she died, so I wanted to continue that legacy."

"That's such a lovely thing to do," the interviewer said as Mollie smiled. 

"And, before we end this, is there a possible romance blossoming?" Mollie looked slightly confused as she chuckled.

"I'm sorry?" she asked, "what do you mean?"

"With you and a certain Lando Norris," the interviewer said as Mollie pursed her lips slightly. 

"There's no romance," she said chuckling, "we literally met two days ago so, unless this is some fantasy, romance novel, there's nothing. We've only just become friends."

✲ ✲ ✲ ✲

"Fuck me man," Mollie said, half an hour later as she sat down in Zak's office. 

"What's up?" Zak asked as Mollie sighed. 

"People seem to think that there's a future romance between me and Lando," she sighed as Zak furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Do they?" he asked as Mollie furrowed her eyebrows.

"I don't like that look," she said as Zak looked at her.

"Hear me out," he said as Mollie pursed her lips. "A fake romance between the two of you. The new hot shot McLaren driver with the most famous woman in the world right now." Mollie sighed.

"Should we even be discussing this without Lando?" she asked as Zak nodded and five minutes later, Lando was sat in the seat next to Mollie.

"What did you guys want to talk about?" Lando asked,

"Zak thinks it would be a good idea to fake a relationship," Mollie said, looking at Lando who furrowed his eyebrow. The British driver was in thought for a little bit before nodding.

"It could work," he said as Mollie raised an eyebrow. "Think about it, it gives us here more supporters, and it gives you popularity." Mollie looked at him as she sighed. 

"I don't know," she said, "I just got out of a long term relationship. I've had enough people slut shame me."

"Well, we start it off simple," Zak said, "you two go out on dates, hang out more, look cosy and then after a few months, make if official."

"What about my tour?" Mollie asked, "I go on that in a few weeks."

"Lando can go as much as he can," Zak said as Mollie looked at him.

"Are you sure?" she asked, "people get a lot of hate when they're with me. The fans, I love them to death, but if they don't like you, they will compare you to my ex's."

"I'm sure," he said nodding, "my ex-girlfriend did that to me anyway, so nothing I can't handle." Mollie nodded as she chuckled.