Chapter One

A soft groan escaped from me as I finished tossing the last of the bags into the main bedroom. To think that Terrie and I had finally pulled off that promised vacation trip. Not that we hadn't been saving up the money for this trip to begin with, let alone the money needed to rent the cottage.

Which was something that had me wanting me to rip my hair out on multiple occasions.

"Devil spawn wife," sang out Terrie as she skipped into the hotel room and glanced around. "I almost forgot about the gift I got for us."

"Us? I shot back with an amused look shot at the beaming smile she was shooting me reminding me of trouble. "Do tell, angel wife."

Terrie only shot me a look before digging into her side bag and pulling out two medium sized boxes. Either she was being a troll again, or she really had gotten us something.

"Well now, are you going to propose to me on this trip?" I asked with a flutter of my eyelashes.

"How could I when you've already done that?" mused Terrie with a snicker.

"And you both wonder why people question if you're in a relationship or not," cut in Christie reminding me that I had placed her call on speaker to drag in the bags. "Really, do remember that you aren't in fact together."

It was this reason alone that Terrie loved to further push it since it annoyed Christie.

"It's perfect that way," I offered before accepting the box Terrie was poking me in the side with the whole time Christie was scolding us. "Thanks, wifey."

"Your poor husbands," sighed out Christie making Terrie cackle. "How did they even agree to this vacation trip anyway?"

"Because they know we love them," answered Terrie even as she watched me as I opened the box. "So, whatcha think? I have the other pair."

So, saying, Terrie held up her own necklace that was a pretty largely sized carnelian with wire wrapped around it in the shape of a star.

My own was a silver crescent moon with the same carnelian dangling from the top, only smaller.

"I love it," I answered with a small smile while picking up the necklace to place around my neck without hesitation. "This way we will always be connected even when you head back home."

It had always sucked that she lived so far away, making meeting up impossible, and even now it took us a few good years in order to finally hangout in person.

"Congratulations," dryly offered Christie making me shoot my phone a deadpan look. "I gotta go, don't forget that you have that concert to go to tomorrow."

She had been calling for that reason alone, well, other than to check to make sure we made it alright to Lawrence, Kansas. Which had been chosen since it was the start of everything for the Supernatural fandom. A franchise that we were obsessed with.

"Take care," called out Terrie as I moved to help her put on the necklace as she kept almost dropping it. "Jeez, it's harder to do than I thought."

After that, we spent the rest of the day, having arrived that afternoon, settling into the hotel room. Well, it was more of a cottage we had rented than a hotel room.

Not that we had shared that we anyone outside of our husbands. Mainly since then my siblings might have tried to join, and this wasn't a trip for them.

"What is that?" I wondered around eleven that night as Terrie began to place different things onto the bed.

"I found this interesting spell," explained Terrie without looking away from what she was doing making me let out a light hum, "and since we're here to have fun and geek out, I figured this would be fun to do. Adds that bit of spice, don't you think?"

Well, she wasn't exactly wrong.

"Let's do this," I finally sighed out in agreement making Terrie clap in glee.

                                                                                        ~ UNKNOWN ~

One moment I had been chanting the words Terrie had written down and the next I was standing in some type of white washed train station. It honestly reminded me of that scene in Harry Potter when he went to his death for the final time.

"Syrina?" rasped out a voice to my left causing me to jerk and look that way, and there before me seemed to be Terrie, and yet not. "Is that you?"

"Wha?" I began only to choke on my words as the image of Terrie overlapped before disappearing leaving an unfamiliar girl staring back at me.

"How are you a boy now?" wondered Terrie, or who I believed was her considering I had seen her standing there, unless I was crazy.

"A boy?" I shot back only then realizing that I sounded different causing me to reach up towards my throat.

Only I didn't make it far since I caught sight of my hands and then the rest of my body. For some reason, my breast had disappeared as had my height and curves.

"Just what in the world," grumbled Terrie hand reaching up to brush against her necklace causing me to realize I was also still wearing my own as well. "Are we high?"

Neither of us had even touched weed, but how else would this trippy situation make sense.

Before I could either refute or agree with that statement, the world seemed to shudder making us lose our balance. A part of me felt horrified as the world seemed to shatter around us only for Terrie, no matter her new looks, faded right in front of me.

"TERRIE!"

                                                                                     ~ Grimmauld Place ~

"Young master," called a rasping voice as I jerked up hand outstretched in hopes to catch Terrie's fading form. "Did you have a nightmare?"

Nightmare?

"Urk," I choked out as I took in the being, because there was no way it was human, watching me with large eyes. "Who the hell are you?"

"Young master had a nightmare," muttered the creature as it reached up to pull at its ear, one that was large, pointed, and yet seemed to droop. "Lady Iris has asked for young master, it be time to get up."

Nothing else was offered as the thing snapped his fingers making the clothes I was wearing switch into a different pair while ushering me from the bed. Somehow I was somewhat aware that I had seemed to be in a world that was eerily similar to Harry Potter.

Another part of me was still to horrified over realizing that I was now a young boy and that Terrie wasn't here. A deep sense washed over me making me understand that I wasn't likely to see Terrie in person ever again.

Hopefully she was alright wherever she had ended up.

"Cryus Regulus Black," snarled out another voice making me jump and spin around watching an older woman stomp towards me. "How many times have I told you to not sneak out at night?!"

Somehow, I had a feeling that this wasn't just a simple messed up dream.

Terrie (new appearance)