Chapter 2: Transportation

Start from the beginning

"We're not. We have a mission scheduled for that time anyway"

"Ah, I see"

And with that he left, leaving the woman on her own. With a shrug, she put on her headphones again, playing music to destroy her eardrums.

---

"Really? I wouldn't expect him for a jealous type"

"That's what I said!"

Jane and Scarlet were both sitting on the black haired ones bed. Of course, the red head, after done packing, went straight to the other to tell her what had happened.

"But he said that they're not. Just melancholy or something" Scarlet scratched the back of her head, taking a sip of her soda, that stood on the bedside table.

"Really? Still, I'm surprised; they didn't use their quirk as much" Jane shrugged, getting spooked when the woman next to her slammed her drink onto the furniture.

"THAT'S WHAT I SAID!"

"Don't slam your drinks on my furniture, this is expensive wood!"

"You didn't even pay for that!"

"No, but it looks expensive!"

"Since when are you a wood connoisseur!?"

"For a long 20 seconds!"

"Oh my God" the red haired woman pinched the bridge of her nose as the other one laughed, Scarlet joining in right after.

---

Tomorrow will be the day they leave. Both women were already packed and ready. Though they tried a few times to ask Sally if she wanted any help, she declined it and later said she was done. Fortunately, she only packed a smaller backpack. Scarlet soon found out it was full of toys.

The rest of the day was spent as usual - in their rooms, on their phones, for Scarlet it also included drawing from time to time.

Later that day, Slender announced the time of "departure".

'Be at my office by 1PM, tomorrow'

---

The time soon came and the excited trio lined up in front of the bosses desk in expectation; Sally close to jumping in joy.

Their boss stood before them, tilting his head towards the little girl.

'Now, before you leave, I have a small...gift for you'

The brunette raised a brow as her smile widened. The tall creature reached behind him onto his desk, where the duo could see a tiny box. It was not fancy in any way, but still had the air of a present. The little girl held out her arm, palm up as he gave her the box.

With a grin and a loud 'Thank you', she opened it, the duo peeking in.

It was a necklace.

A simple silver necklace with a....familiar stone in the middle - though it was in a shape of a small sphere.

"It's pretty!" The girl looked at it fondly, picking it into her hand. The duo looked at their boss for an explanation.

'Well, I realised that Sally, like Jane, doesn't really look as most would call normal. And I'm certain that her appearance can't be just caused by a quirk. The stone you see on the necklace is the same you have on your rings. I just chose this appearance since I had the inkling that Sally would adjust to it better'

The women nodded, noting the girls look. Fair enough, some people would call her looks creepy. Blood just continuously dripping from the top of someones head isn't something you see everyday. Added to her dirty dress and bruises, it would only bring too much attention.

"Want me to put it on?" Scarlet crouched to the girl, who excitedly nodded, giving the piece of jewelry to her.

As soon as the woman snapped the clip into place, locking it onto the girls neck, her looks changed. It wasn't as drastic as Janes, but still felt almost wrong.

Without the blood and the dirty clothing, she looked almost weird to them. They were so used to those details that seeing her appearance change just a small bit made her look almost....bland.

"This will take time to get used to" Scarlet mumbled as the girl twirled around in her now clean dress.

"You can say that again" Jane watched with a small smile. She just looked like a normal girl - the way it should've been.

'Alright, now that that is settled, the time to leave is here' the boss caught their attention.

'Now, since transporting you too close to your house might be risky, I will change the location to one further away. Hopefully, you'll find your way to where you need to be. So; the goal for this mission is simple: Report to me the fallout of our presence in the hero and villain society. What happened to UA. And on your way, show some quirks to Sally'

"Yes sir"

"Yeah, show me cool powers!"

The duo chuckled at her outburst. As they were on each side of her, they took her hands ( not before she put Mr.D into her backpack, head sticking out ) and with their other hands took hold of Slenders apandages - creating a circle.

With small sigh and a nod, he spoke one last time before the trio disappeared.

'Just don't make yourselfs stand out even more'

TO BE CONTINUED >