BFF- Bitchy Fake Friends: Prologue

Above is a photo of Brooklyn ^

I will hopefully be updating this book once or twice every week on either Fridays or Saturdays! Also this book may need a little bit of promoting so please share it if you would like more.

Anyways enjoy reading!

- Janelle

___

Prologue: Good Times Turn To Bad

I remember when we use to smile, when we use to spend every moment we could with each other, our midnight phone calls, the day we first met. I remember all of it and I could never forget it, but the one thing I wish I could forget was what you have done to me.

Who could have ever imagined that they, the one that you trusted the most, could turn into the one that you fear. The one you spend every night thinking about what secrets you've told them and what they could do. The one person you think about the memories you once had before you end up crying yourself to sleep.

Imagine that person turning out to be your best friend.

___

This all started because of one boy, Colin Peters.

Tbh's on instagram was something every player would do to lead desperate girls into their trap. Well Colin was the player and Sarah was being lead into his trap.

After talking to Colin for one day Sarah thought she found her soulmate. She told me about them talking everyday, and that's when I said tell him "if he ever breaks your heart I'm going to punch him"

Well somehow I, Brooklyn Spencer, was the reason he broke her heart and I ended up being the one who's getting played.

A long road trip to Dawson for a basketball game and nobody to keep me entertained was what started it. I asked for someone to text me online and not even a minute later I got an a text.

Please don't punch me was what it read and it was from Colin. At first I did to realize what it meant so I started talking to him.

He told me about his life and I felt like I knew everything about him. I knew where he lived and once lived as well as personal information like his favourite classes, restaurants anything you ever need to know to feel close to somebody. Then there was one line of messages that made me realize what we going on.

It started with is talking about slurpees and then out of nowhere he said I'll buy you a slurpees on Monday

Of coarse I thought it was him just being friendly. So delusional little me, continued talking to him throughout the evening into early morning hours.

Laying in my bed reading the texts that constantly were appearing on my phone screen, I felt my eyes starting to close before fluttering open as a text flashed across my screen making a loud ping

Good night beautiful <3 - Colin

He made me feel like I was actually worth something, that I was something special. He made my heart beat faster as one of his messages would appear on my screen. Maybe I do like him. I Brooklyn Spencer like Colin Peters.

I actually thought that he might like me... But boy I was wrong.

He was reeling me into his trap. I was one of the many desperate fish in the sea and I was the one to take the worm on the hook and ultimately pay for my mistakes.

Then a thought crossed my mind

Sarah.

I knew I needed to tell her of all the things hat he had said to me because if I were in her place I would rather find out sooner then later that he was playing me and my best friend at the same time.

I quickly typed a message on my phone as salty drops of water dripped out of my eyes before creeping the way down my cheeks and plopping down on the screen below.

What if she thought I was trying to ruin her relationship? What if she will hate me for this? What if she doesn't believe me? All of these thoughts circled around my head before I read the message once again.

Sarah. I know this is going to be hard for you to hear and I don't know if you will even trust me but I need to get this off my chest because I can't stand to see you hurt. I know how much you like Colin but I wanted to let you know that he has also been wheeling me. He has sent me texts saying 'goodnight beautiful' and has even invited me over to his house later, but I refused because I know you like him. Even if you don't believe me just needed to let you know. I know this will hurt but ultimately it's better finding out sooner than later.

No later then ten minutes the response that I had been dreading finally came rolling in.

I want to thank you for letting me know his but I talked to Colin about it and he said he did have feelings for you but he likes me more. He apologized and I still like him. Thank you for looking out for me your a great friend :)

I don't know what hurt me more. The fact that he doesn't like me anymore or how she forgave him so easily.

I never realized how delusional my best friend is. He admitting to liking me after talking for two days, and yet she forgave him in an instant.

Tears streamed down my face as another message popped up on my screen. It was from Colin.

Hey I'm really sorry about this all. Im sorry for you thinking that I liked you like that, the truth is I like Sarah. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

I quickly wiped at the tears deleting the messages we once had hoping to erase the pain that I am now feeling.

I was played. I had fallen into his trap. My biggest mistake wasn't falling for you, it was thinking that you had fallen for me too. I should have seen it coming. I shouldn't have talked to him.

Whenever love dies it feel like someone ripped out your heart and threw it on the floor right in front of your face. It feels like your slowly rotting on the inside making your heart shrivel up till its noting but the size of a penny.When love dies you feel like your world is slowly crashing down around you.

Nobody tells you about the short and long term pain. The emotionally unstable you'll be or even how you'll cry yourself to sleep at night feeling nothing but emptiness because a part of your life that you had once loved would suddenly vanish.

No body ever tells you this, and they do it for a reason.

We would never get to experience the pain and struggles accompanied by love. We would never get the chance to grow from our mistakes and learn not to fall for someone who is using you.

The saddest part is, you never know when it's going to happen. It comes out of the blue like a thunderstorm on a hot day.

The thing that started the huge battle between me and my so called best friend forever, Sarah was...

A boy.