Part 4 | Prom preparations

Start from the beginning

niki picked up the phone call and gave the phone to hyunjin, allowing him to talk with felix, as the younger was completely devastated the love of his life had said that about him. plot twist, if you'd ask me.

"h-hello?" felix asked into the phone.

"felix? it's me, hyunjin. i'm so, so, so sorry baby... i shouldn't have said that... i was just upset at my mom..." hyunjin apologised.

"d-don't..." felix said.

"please, felix, forgive me... please... i didn't mean anything i said... don't take it to heart... please don't be mad at me... i'm so sorry, i mean my apology." hyunjin apologised again.

"i... i don't know hyunjin... you said something that felt like you just pretended to love me... i don't know if i should forgive you..." felix answered.

"please... i won't say anything like this again... please i swear..." hyunjin pleaded.

"hyunjin... we need to take a break." felix blurted. "i love you, don't get me wrong, but we just need one. it's for the best okay? how long do you want a break for, i'll let you decide..."

"no felix i can't live without you..." hyunjin muttered.

"you'll see me." felix sighed. "i don't want this break either, but it's for the best..."

"no, felix, no, please... felix, i can't have a break between both of us..." hyunjin said.

"hyunjin... we need it, for both of us to recover mentally." felix said.

the conversation went on for a while, hyunjin refusing to take a break from felix, but the younger saying that they needed one. it was really for the best. both of them were in horrible states now, and it was only best that they had this break between both of them. after a long while, they agreed and i guess they had to have a break for a week.

"i'm so sorry..." felix mumbled before ending the call.

yeji was comforting felix, the younger just bawling his eyes out to his 'ex's sister. yeji was just silently sitting there, comforting the other, knowing he was hurting inside. it wasn't easy taking a break, especially with someone you lost your virginity to.

"it's okay felix... it's okay..." yeji whispered in felix's ear.

it was just a week... it was just a week... just a week...

one week later

after what seemed like a decade, finally they were done with the break, or so everyone thought. felix would shake his head at all of hyunjin's affectionate moves, rejecting them entirely. even though this greatly upset hyunjin, he had to deal with it. after all, he and felix were already bad enough because he sounded so jealous of felix.

"look felix, why are you ignoring me?" hyunjin asked, catching up with felix.

"sorry, can't get your words from last week out of my head..." felix muttered.

"i'm so sorry about what i said... could you forgive me?" hyunjin asked again. 

"i... okay..." felix nodded slowly and hyunjin hugged him. 

"back to normal, okay?" hyunjin smiled, kissing felix's cheek. 

"okay..." felix nodded again, blushing slightly when hyunjin kissed his cheek. 

"let's go and get some food." hyunjin suggested. 

"sounds good." felix answered and they left. 

hyunjin held felix's hand and they headed off to a nearby restaurant, owned by hyunjin's family. they noticed his presence and greeted him and felix instantly, as they were directed to a private seating area for him. 

"baby, order whatever you'd like, okay? i'm gonna go take this call." hyunjin smiled and left. 

felix stared at the menu in awe, even though this wasn't the first time the 22-year-old was at that restaurant. he sat there, looking through the few pages of the menu, having multiple scrumptious food items to have a bbq. he decided to order hyunjin's favourite food, and grilled the food silently when hyunjin was still on the phone call. by the time hyunjin returned, he saw that felix was silently grilling pieces of pork belly - or samgyeopsal. 

"did you only order those? i thought you would want moksal?" hyunjin asked confused, sitting down. 

"i... i felt bad so i just ordered that...?" felix replied, placing the pork belly on a plate and pushing it over to hyunjin, grilling more. 

"hey... order what you want. i'll eat anything." hyunjin placed a hand on felix's. 

"we both know you won't eat that." felix replied, placing bulgogi on the grill, taking out the finished pork belly. 

"true..." hyunjin muttered, popping a piece of kimchi in his mouth. 

"okay, dig in. i'll order something else. do you want pajeon?" felix asked, taking the ipad up. 

he saw hyunjin nod while stuffing his face full of pork belly, so he ordered that while grabbing some pork belly and eating that. honestly, if it wasn't for hyunjin, felix wouldn't have eaten that whole day. when the pajeon - spring onion pancake - came, felix placed the whole plate in front of hyunjin, but the older took half the pancake and passed it to felix, knowing the younger liked eating it. 

both of them knew each other's likes and dislikes, as well as personalities, but hyunjin had guilt eating away at him that he made felix order pork belly instead of moksal - pork chop - felix's favourite. but yet he was eating hyunjin's favourite, and one of the meat cute he didn't obsess over. hyunjin ordered a plate of pork chop for felix, even though the younger was scolding him not to.

"yah, i told you i didn't need it. i'm stuffed full! should we give this to-" felix was quickly cut off by hyunjin. 

"to han and minho. we're giving it to them okay? okay." hyunjin asked for takeaway for the uneaten food and they left to minho and han's dorm. 

"you know... you're caring..." felix smiled while hyunjin helped him up. 

"i don't want to be not caring, bok." hyunjin shook his head and they walked off to the dorms. 

"gosh... hyunjin..." felix laughed.