29 • My Greatest Hello and Hardest Goodbye

Start from the beginning

"Hey Liz," Jesse Plemons walks into the blonde's trailer.

"Hey, what's going on?" She asks, curiously gazing up at a man off-screen.

"Calls start in 10," He shares, sitting down beside her. Lizzie nods and continues to eat her food causally. The two are really good friends onset and don't find it awkward what their scenes entail.

"Okay," Lizzie hummed, turning her attention back to her phone which was propped up on the table in front of her. "That will be exciting for her, any thought about what you are going to do?" The blonde continues her conversation, noticing Jesse go on his phone next to her.

"I know I want to do music, I just don't know how to start," The brunette confessed and Lizzie nodded in understanding.

"Jess, you play guitar right?" The woman got an idea, turning to the man beside her.

"Yeah, I was the lead singer and guitarist in my band," he nodded.

"How do you start?" Lizzie questioned.

"Well for her, she would need to write her music and record it. Maybe put it out on platforms like Spotify and YouTube, advertise her music on social media and get a manager to guide her through all the steps correctly. Sadly, the music industry requires years of rejection to get anywhere, so you must have stamina and determination to make it." The man listed off, poking his head in frame to see Stella. "Are you any good, kid?" He asked playfully, laughing a little at his own joke.

"She's amazing, I've heard her play," Lizzie jumped in and Stella blushed heavily. "Oh Stell, you know when I posted you playing?"

"Yeah?"

"300 thousand views, everyone loved you!" The woman gushed and Stella felt her heart skip a beat.

"Oh," was all the brunette could say, "Thanks Lizzie," I smiled. A knock sounded at the door for the two actors and a voice called for them.

"Oh I have to go, love you baby," Lizzie frowned, waving goodbye. Stella said goodbye before putting the cookies in the oven and humming along to a catchy melody she made up. Stella picked up her phone and froze in place, instantly coming up with an idea. The brunette walked up to the piano and played around with the chords, humming along the song and recording it so she didn't forget it. Stella finished and sighed, the house was so quiet and empty.

(Nonsense, Sabrina Carpenter)

'But I can't help myself
When you get close to me
Baby, my tongue goes numb
Sounds like bleh, blah, blee
I don't want no one else
Baby, I'm in too deep
Here's a lil' song I wrote
It's about you and me'

The words seemed to drip from Stella's tongue as she recorded her words, playing around with different chords for the chorus.

'I'll be honest
Lookin' at you got me thinkin' nonsense
Cartwheels in my stomach when you walk in
And when you got your arms around me
Ooh, it feels so good I had to jump the octave
I think I got an ex but I forgot him
And I can't find my chill, I must have lost it
I don't even know I'm talkin' nonsense
I'm talkin', I'm talkin'

Stella smiled to herself as the grand piano rug through the house, instantly grabbing her phone and going hunting for a pen and paper to write it all down. For the next few hours, the brunette composed the rest of the song with the mystery muse hanging around her. The cookies came out crisp and sweet like honey, they were the best batch she things she had ever made.