Maelea's smile remained, "I'd do it again if the situation presented itself." She replied, wanting terribly to kiss Rhaenyra, though she knew she couldn't, at least not right now.

Rhaenyra smiled in such a loving manner she felt she might melt. She'd missed her cousin terribly the past six years and was relieved to have her back. "I'd hoped we might talk?" She asked.

Maelea frowned, "About what?" She asked.

Rhaenyra chuckled at this, "I think you know. I need to get some things off my chest.. the guilt I've felt all these years.." she trailed off when Maelea put a hand under her chin and looked her in the eyes.

"There's nothing to speak about, like I said, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. So do not carry the guilt any longer, alright?" She spoke seriously, not for a moment breaking eye contact.

Rhaenyra was silent a moment, rather shocked at how well Maelea had handled being prisoner. Soon enough the future Queen nodded her head and smiled, "Okay, then perhaps we could take a ride? I'm sure you've missed being in the air?" She asked.

Maelea smiled and pulled her hand away from Rhaenyra's chin. "I'd like that very much." She said.

The two took no time in making their way to the Dragonpit where Syrax was being collected by the Dragonkeepers. Vermithor on the other hand was out the back end of the Dragonpit since he was too big to fit inside the dome.

Syrax roared out as she dove into the sky to join Maelea and Vermithor who were already hovering above the Dragonpit, waiting for them. Without needing to say a word to each other Rhaenyra and Maelea urged their dragons forward, racing throughout the clouds.

It was refreshing seeing Rhaenyra again, knowing that the future Queen still felt fondly of Maelea. It was torment watching Rhaenyra's long silver hair flowing through the wind, her purple eyes glistening in the suns beams, knowing that Daemon was the one with her each night. It would be no simple task but she loved Rhaenyra, she'd catch a sword by the blade for her, she'd jump in front of a dragons flame for her, she would have her as her wife, whether it was under the eyes of the seven, or simply under the secrecy of their own.

Syrax bounded through the air, easily passing Vermithor. The yellow she-dragon was smaller and more nimble in the air, unlike Vermithor who was rivalling Vhagar's size, making him slower. The bronze fury didn't like being surpassed and began beating his wings more harshly against the air to quicken his pace. Syrax did the same, not giving the older dragon any chance of catching up.

Rhaenyra smiled widely, giving her dragon a firm pat on the neck before glancing behind her to Maelea who was smiling right back at her. Rhaenyra's smile grew all the more wider as she looked into her cousins eyes that were admiring her so lovingly.

Maelea had never seen someone so perfect.

Rhaenyra turned her head to face in front of her again, urging her dragon to fly faster. Syrax darted forward with such swiftness that Vermithor was taken by surprise. The bronze dragon roared as he forced his wings harshly against the wind, trying to propel himself forward at faster speeds to catch the smaller yellow dragon.

Unfortunately Vermithor was no match for the speed of Syrax and eventually lost her as she dove beneath the clouds. Maelea turned her dragon down, diving beneath the clouds after the Princess and her she-dragon. When she emerged from the white tufts she spotted Syrax and Rhaenyra landed on a small grassy island in the middle of the water. Maelea landed her bronze fury on the island a little distance away from Syrax. She knew Vermithor liked his personal space.

Rhaenyra had already dismounted her dragon and was looking out to the water, a content look on her face. The breeze caressed her long silver hair, blowing it gently behind her. Maelea couldn't help but look at the woman she loved in awe, she was truly a sight to behold, The realms delight.

Maelea gave her dragon a nod before speaking in High Valyrian. "Off you go my boy."

Vermithor grunted softly before spreading his wings and taking off into the sky, with Syrax eagerly following behind him.

"As a girl." Rhaenyra began, "I use to come here often, it was a way for me to escape my duties, the stress of being a Princess.. I didn't know what I wanted to do as I would get older. That was until my father named me heir. I thought I wanted it, but the burden is a heavy one, and I know I cannot do it alone.." She explained, not taking her eyes off the ocean as she went.

Maelea frowned, "Nyra?" She questioned, probing for her to continue.

"I know there are those who will not accept me as Queen, perhaps the Greens are among them, I don't know. However what I do know is if I want to succeed my father I need those who I can trust. I can't do it without you, Maelea." Rhaenyra said, she'd turned to look Maelea in her eyes.

Maelea took Rhaenyra's hands in her own, looking her in the eyes as she did so. It was clear as day that the Princess was in love, it was all behind her eyes. "If it is me that you need, then you have me." She said.

Rhaenyra looked at Maelea's eyes a while longer before moving them down to her lips that were slightly parted. There was an urge to kiss her, she wanted to, she didn't know but she wanted to, but she couldn't.

The realms delight shifted back slightly, putting a bit of distance between her and Maelea, she couldn't let herself be tempted, she feared she wouldn't be able to stop herself from kissing the Velaryon.

Maelea frowned as Rhaenyra stepped back, "Is something wrong cousin?" She asked.

Rhaenyra shook her head, forcing a reassuring smile, "No, not at all... I just, well, we should probably head back, Daemon will be wondering where I am." She said.

Maelea rolled her eyes, "Right, Daemon.." she scowled to herself.

Rhaenyra chuckled lightly, "You two still don't like one another I see." She commented.

Maelea returned her chuckle, "I suppose you could say that." She answered, taking a pause as she whistled for her dragon. "How are the boys? It's been some time since I've seen them."

Rhaenyra smiled genuinely now, "They're growing everyday.. and they've asked about you from time to time." She replied, looking down at her feet, "They admire you, you know."

Maelea frowned, "Me? Of all people?" She thought it humorous.

"You saved them from the Queens rage, you were there when they needed someone, when I wasn't there for them." Rhaenyra said, looking ever so grateful.

Maelea didn't know what to say, she could only smile softly. She wasn't always good at dealing with others admiration, it was mostly foreign to her.

Vermithor and Syrax returned from the sky, landing at their riders sides.

"Shall we? I'm sure the boys would love to see you, if you'll accompany me back to Dragonstone?" Rhaenyra asked, looking hopeful.

Maelea nodded, "I'd love too."