🔥Epilogue🔥

Life has a funny way of doing things. Someone can be brought into your life so quickly, and in that small time frame, still leave such an impact on your life. That's Jack. I love him. Very much. And even after all this chaos he has caused, I still can't leave him.

After the SWAT team got him off the building, I followed them all the way down the building as they carried him out.

"Miss Wayne, I don't think it's safe to.." I simply waved them off as they grew silent, giving them a confident smile. They don't know me. At all....

"I'm perfectly fine. Now don't worry about me. I can handle myself." Jack looked up at me, giving me that grin that made my heart melt every time as he winked at me. I smiled back, feeling relieved that he was alive. When dad threw him off the building, I felt utter terror. I surely thought that was it.

But dad having the big heart he does, saved him. And I couldn't be more thankful. The men saw how Joker was looking at me as we descended down to the bottom floor, looking at each other, then back to us. Honestly, I don't care what they think.

But then my thoughts drifted to dad and what he would say. He could tell something was up between Jack and I. But I couldn't tell him. He would freak and probably have me admitted as well. If he already doesn't have it figured out.

Once we reached the bottom, they roughly drug Jack out of the building towards the asylum car that was called in. I watched as they put him in a straight jacket, dragging him into the back of the car. My eyes welled up with tears.

I ran up to the car just as they were closing the door on Jack, placing my hand on the window. Two of the men around the car, grabbed me just as Jack put his hand up to the glass, giving me a little smile. I saw him mouth something that made my heart skip.

I love you. And I thought I was dreaming. A man like him, capable of such a word? Maybe miracles do happen huh? After the car pulled away, I roughly pushed the men off me, turning on them. They recoiled from the look I was giving them. Then I smirked at them, pushing past them.

"Later boys." Joker has really gotten me. He's a man of his word.