10- about gracie

irl & instagram!

REGULUS FELT VERY confused. all he could think about was what gracie had said about being a muggleborn. he'd never really thought about what it was like for them to be thrust into a new world, but now it was all he could think about.

did gracie really struggle that much when she came here?

"bruv," barty hit him with a pillow, "what's wrong with you?"

"you," regulus shot back, "stop with your bloody roadmap slang."

"never," he said.

"seriously though, what's got your knickers in a twist?" evan asked.

"when we had to go to slug club, gracie was talking about how it was difficult to come here—to be introduced to magic," he said up, "did you know here parents force her to also take muggle lessons so she can become a doctor when she graduates?"

"a doctor," evan smiled, "and i did know."

"what's a doctor?"

"a muggle healer," barty said, "i feel so smart. i know something you don't."

"i just- i never realised what it must be like for people who never grew up with magic to suddenly have it. we grew up with it, so it was always there."

evan proped himself up, but kept his eyes on his book, "i reckon it's like the time you got lost in muggle london. you didn't know what anything was at all, and you were both intrigued and disgusted by everything you saw."

"that makes sense- wait are you reading a book?"

"gracie gave it to me," the twin sniffed, "did you know muggles write porn into their books?"

"they do," barty nodded, "like graphic, detailed shit too. think about how hot it is to watch it, but now you have to imagine it, so it's much more... what the word, evan?"

evan furrowed his bows, "sensual? why would you ask me?"

"because you were there when gracie was telling us. you know i never remember what she says when she goes on those rants," barty whined.

"let's focus on what regulus is stressed about," evan turned back to the black.

"i just never thought about how hard it was for her. she was nice on the train and i thought we could be friends but then i got that letter from my parents," he ran a frustrated hand through his hair.

barty perked up, "are you regretting it?"

"i don't know. i can't stop thinking about it—about gracie."

"maybe you should talk to her," even suggested.

regulus shook his head, "i don't think so."

➵➵➵

graciepatel posted