Don't Touch That 'dile

Start from the beginning

"Do you think something might have happened at the lab?" Brock pondered.

"Maybe we should head over there." Ash suggested.

"Great idea." Brock agreed.

=================

When they got to the lab, there were police cars and Officer Jenny was checking the lab.

"I wonder what's going on here." Misty pondered.

The gang ran up to Officer Jenny.

"What's going on, Officer Jenny?" Ash asked.

"Some thieves broke into Prof Elm's lab." Officer Jenny replied.

The gang gasped at that.

"Officer Jenny, can we please go inside? We do need to see Prof. Elm." Ash requested.

"Well, you can go in if you need to see him." Officer Jenny allowed.

"Thank you." Ash thanked her and then he and the others headed into the lab.

=============

The gang finally arrived inside the lab. Ash noticed Prof. Elm who was sitting near a very angry Nurse Joy. Even though Prof. Elm was a researcher, he looked more like a scientist.

"Excuse me, Prof. Elm?" Ash asked.

Prof. Elm and Nurse Joy turned to the gang.

"Oh yes, I am. Who are you?" Prof. Elm asked.

"I'm Ash Ketchum. You met my Mom and I once. Professor Delia?" Ash said.

"Oh yes! I remember! You and your Mom came here to study a little on Johto Region Pokémon." Prof. Elm realized.

"I'm glad you remembered." Ash smiled.

"I don't mean to be rude, but could you tell us what happened here?" Ash asked.

"It's all my fault." Prof. Elm admitted.

"What's all your fault?" Ash asked.

"I was doing some research and didn't realize what was happening in my lab, until Nurse Joy came up." Prof. Elm stated.

"Has something happened here, Nurse Joy?" Misty asked.

"Yes, something has happened," Nurse Joy replied, "a Pokémon was stolen from here."

"A stolen Pokémon?!" The group gasped.

=============

Everyone outside at a stage near the lab.

Officer Jenny explained everything. "The Pokémon that the thieves took was a starter Pokémon, which was supposed to be given to a new trainer tomorrow." she said.

"I do hope that Totodile is okay." Nurse Joy prayed.

"Totodile is one of Johto's starter Pokémon, right?" Ash asked.

"That's correct. You see, I'm supposed to give this Totodile and this Cyndaquil to two new Pokémon trainers tomorrow." Professor Elm explained and in his arm is the Johto Region Fire Starter.

The gang noticed the Pokémon in Professor Elm's arms.

"Cute~ It's a Cyndaquil." Ash smiled.

"Cynda Cynda Cynda!" The Pokémon back was blazing in flames all the sudden.

Professor Elm held the Pokémon away from himself, "Don't be alarmed, this is normal behavior." He stated.

"Pika." Pikachu smiled.