FOURTY - THREE, lingering stares

Start from the beginning

Suki furrowed her brows, puffing a hair out of her face. "What was that for? The Ferrari motorhome is that way!" She threw her arms to the left, indicating that the motorhome was still a few meters away.

Juliette sighed. "Yeah, well. Charles and Pierre are stood right in front of it, and I don't wanna talk to them."

Suki rose a brow, before clicking her tongue. "Come on, Juli. Whatever you've got going on with them is none of my business, but, you're an adult and you should know how to act professional."

Juliette pouted like a child, crossing her arms over her chest. "I don't wanna be near them, can we go from behind the motorhomes?"

Suki pinched the bridge of her nose, a huff leaving her lips. "Juliette. We can't access the meeting room from behind the motorhomes. We'll have to go in from the front. Just suck it up, and walk past Gasly and Leclerc."

Juliette muttered a few curses in French, before letting out a breath and nodding, complying with her PR managers directions.

Suki and Juliette walked out of the narrow path, revealing themselves back onto the wide paddock.

Juliette concealed grimace as she spotted Pierre and Charles, still stood at the same spot.

Charles's sharp gaze found its way back to her figure, his eyes glazed on top of hers.

She quickly flickered her eyes away, she straightened her back, before lifting her chin up, her jaw tense as she avoided their gazes.

Suki and Juliette finally approached the enterande of the Ferrari motorhome, Gasly and Leclerc were about half a meter away from them.

Juliette muzzled up enough confidence to completely ignore them. She didn't even give them a glare of some sort.

Suki on the other hand, earned a wave from Pierre, who smirked at her, she mumbled a 'hi' back, before her cheeks burned slightly.

Charles's sad eyes followed Juliette's silhouette, which disappeared into the Ferrari motorhome.

"You know, it kinda sucks that she's ignoring me during my home race." Charles frowned a little. Pierre shrugged. "We're on the same boat, Cha. Don't worry."

"Yeah, I guess. I just hoped that we would've made up by now." Charles spoke gently, his mood obviously wasn't the best. Pierre patted his back, in an attempt to comfort him. "She's got a lot on her plate right now, with her mom and everything."

"Hey, when is Isabelle's surgery? I wanna be there for it." Charles piped up, his green eyes met Pierre's vibrant blue. The frenchman tilted his head. "Are you sure you wanna be there? Wouldn't you be overstepping a little?"

"Isabelle's like my second mom. I've known her since I was a kid." Charles pointed out swiftly, his tone snappy as Pierre rose his hands, feigning innocence. "No need to get defensive, Isabelle's like my second mom too. I thought it was best to visit her after her surgery?"

"I don't know, mate." Charles chewed on his lip, before speaking up. "So, do you know when she's gonna have the surgery?"

Pierre shrugged, pursing his lips, as he arms hung lazily on his sides. "Sorry, mate. I don't. Maybe ask Suki?"

Charles rose a brow at Pierre, who furrowed his brows. "What?"

"Nothing, it's nothing." Charles shook his head in amusement, watching as his friend glared at him sassily, his hands on his hips.

"What is it?"

Charles let out a breathy laugh, before giving in. "You've just been awfully close with her lately."