CHAPTER TWENTY, pure lust

( NOT EDITED / PROOFREAD )

- MATURE SCENES UPCOMING!

What the fuck did I just do?

Juliette thought to herself, as ribbons of regret and guilt unraveled in her stomach.

Neymar looked between the two, before closing the door gently. "I'm just gonna pretend i didn't see anything."

"Juli-"

"Charles, I can't."

Charles's heart cracked. His eyes pleading. "What?"

"I don't know what got over me." Juliette sighed, her cheeks as red as her satin dress. "We can't do this Charles. We're team-mates. Mattia would never allow it."

"Fuck, Mattia! Our personal lives have nothing to do with our driving." Charles argued, placing his hands in her hips. Juliette shifted slightly on the counter.

Juliette shook her head. "I just can't Charles. It's not good for us. It'll mess up everything."

"What'll mess up everything?"

"You and I. Us. We can't be together. Our jobs and personal lives are too connected, it's just gonna end up in heartbreak."

Charles sighed. "I can't keep living like this, Juliette."

Juliette.

He never referred to her with her real name. Only pet names or nick names like "Juli."

When her real name was used, she knew that it was serious.

"Charles-"

"What?! I've been waiting, waiting for so fucking long. You've been such a- such a tease to me! I've watched boys practically fall at your feet, without you even acknowledging the hurt that I feel. Did you know how shitty I felt after Antoine? After you defended him and you talked to him like he was your best friend? It was fucking infuriating."

Juliette's eyes were filled with fury, she clenched her fists, the effect of the vodka shots hitting her. "S-So this is what it is? Jealousy? It isn't my problem that you didn't have the balls to come up to me and ask for a single date, or even make a move. You fuck girls every other race weekend, but don't have the strength to even address what you allegedly feel about me? The only reason why I've never asked you out anyway, is because you've never made yourself available, and when I don't make myself available, you go all crazy possessive about it. It's literal hypocrisy."

Charles scoffed, slowly. "You're being childish."

Juliette laughed bitterly, she couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth. "And you aren't? You've just fucked up my night, my day, all because you can't keep it in your pants. You've ruined my first Formula One win experience."

Charles glided his fingers along her sides, Juliette shuddered, taking a breath. Charles gazed upon her flustered face, her cheeks as red as crimson. She could barely compose herself.

Though they were fighting, they still couldn't keep their hands to themselves.

"Could I ruin something else?" Charles dared to say, his hands lightly pulling at the hem of her dress. Juliette avoided his burning gaze. "Charles..."

His eyes was met by her side profile, she looked down to her left. Not wanting to meet his intense stare. Charles' hand gently grabbed her jaw, making her turn to look at him.

At this point, Juliette was a bit tipsy, and so was Charles from all the beer. Though, he concealed his drunkness quite well. Their minds clouded with alcohol and the haze of lust, as they stared each other down.