Whole

A/N: Okay, guys. So this is it. This is the final chapter for The Beginning. Now keep in mind, this doesn't mean this is the end for Elena and Dean this is just The Beginning... (hehe see what I did there). Anyway, this chapter is just the end of this "book". I will eventually write a book 2 continuing their story ;), but I do have other things I want to write so this will be put on a small pause. Feel free to message me, or comment me something you'd like to see happen in book 2! I hope you guys enjoy this part as much as I did writing it! :D
*UPDATE BOOK 2 RELEASED : It's called The End. Once you're done with this, go on over to The End to continue this story :)*

Elena:

When my eyes flew open, the first thing I saw was a bare chest. I can feel myself begin to smile at the images that begin to flash through my mind, from the previous night. Dean and I ended up falling asleep in the back seat of the Impala. Sure it was a little cramped, but being in his arms trumped all. The warmth of his body on my own, was pure bliss.

I knew Dean, was awake, because his fingers traced circles on my back. I could only assume he thought I was still asleep, and didn't want to wake me up. I lift up my head to look up at him. He had his eyes closed, but a smile creeped up on his face when he felt me move.

"Good-morning." He says. The way his chest vibrated against my cheek made me smile. I scooted up slightly, to place a small kiss on his jaw. He opened one eye and looked down at me.

"Good-morning." I respond settling back into my spot in his arms.

"Elena."

"Mhm?" I close my eyes as I press myself more on his chest to feel the vibrations from his voice as he spoke.

"You know, I'm all for sex in the back seat, but this is actually very uncomfortable." He says.

I can't help but let out a quiet laugh. "I know," I say. "Just a few more minutes?" I plead, now looking up meeting his gorgeous green eyes. His eyes seemed different this morning. They had a certain light in them that I couldn't figure out why I hadn't noticed before.

He nods his head slightly, and tightens his arms around me. "Of course." He says. I let myself relax into his arms, knowing today would be full of stresses. The moment we stepped out of this car, would bring us back into the real world. The world where we still needed to find a way to get Cas to return those souls to Purgatory. The world where I was once again a vampire, and I'm beginning to fear that I'm losing my control, my humanity. The world where, that little light I found in Dean's eyes, does not exist. I wanted to stay in our little safe bubble for as long as we could.

The bubble didn't last as long as I hoped, because not 5 minutes after I asked Dean, a knock on the window startled us. I immediately hid my face into, Dean's chest. I hear the front door open.

"What the hell, Sam?" Dean says, trying to cover me up.

"I'm sorry guys, but Cas is here. He needs our help, Dean. He's in bad shape. Really bad shape."

"Alright, give us a minute then will you?" Dean responds.

"Yeah. Okay," I can hear the car door slam shut for a moment, before opening up again. "Sorry again, Elena!"

"DUDE!" Dean shouts at him. Sam shuts the door once again, and I wait for Dean to give me some type of indication that he's gone this time. "Elena, he's gone. We gotta get dressed and go in." He says. I let out a sigh and nod as I am released from Dean's embrace. We both collect whatever clothing items we were not yet wearing and quickly begin to put them back on. The moment my foot touched the ground, I knew my night with Dean was over. The reality all came crashing down. I'm not sure what this meant for me and Dean. What was going to happen after this? What was this? Dean told me he loved me, not only that... I said it back. I doubt Dean would say that to anyone unless he meant it, right?