005: NUISANCE

"I refuse." I shut my eyes tight, screwing my vision to a dark cape, hoping to see stars but when has reality ever been so serene?

"Kumichō please!" Seven dementedly yelled, threading his fingers through his tousled black locks vigorously as he bit his lip in frustration. A sight seldom for the eye and unusual to even I.

"Kumichō, for how long do you plan to live on your wit's end!? Hasn't it been far too long? I snap my head up to him, standing from my desk's chair with a shaking force and sending the chair to the wall, slamming my hands on the desk. "If you're so sick then leave."

"Kumichō I-"

"Shut yer' trap! I will never give in to this weakness, I will never acknowledge it, I will never look it in the damn eye and I will never put my safety before yours. You're a smart guy, Jun. You understand everything I say and I hope you continue to understand what I will." My voice gained volume, my eyes dead into his with a menacing glare.

He was right, but so was I.

"Try it, just three times, and if you find yourself dissatisfied, I promise you no fourth."

His brows furrowed, his eyes almost pained as he looked me in the eye. Pleading me. Begging me. It was almost funny- I almost laughed.

I sigh frustratedly, waving my hand dismissively as I pull the fallen chair and sit down once more with a heavy sigh. I shut my eyes, groaning at the dense silence thickly dripping down my spine. I draw my eyes up to his, frowning at his determination. "Jus' go, Jun! Go do 'tever ya' fuckin' wanna!"

He internally celebrated his way out.

ᐧᐧᐧᐨᵗʰⁱʳᵈ ᵖᵉʳˢᵒⁿᐝᐞᐧᐧᐧ

Twenty silently nipped at his lips, wincing once blood oozed out ever so slightly, crimson painting his abused, swollen lips. He couldn't handle the anticipation any more. He, Ryuu and Oleg all sat in Jun's office, the soft pattering of Oleg's pacing feet, Ryuu's silence, it was such a cliffhanger.

But it was all thrown out the window once Jun entered the office with a triumphant grin.

Twenty jumped from his seat, grinning. Oleg ran to Jun's side. You'd agreed! "Only three times though, the rest are undecided." Twenty shook his head, chuckling "well, you gotta start somewhere."

Ryuu smiled slightly, silently taking his leave.

-----------------------------------------------------

ᐧᐧᐧᐨᶠⁱʳˢᵗ ᵖᵉʳˢᵒⁿᐝᐞᐧᐧᐧ

"Today, we received a tip that Moebius will be visiting Toman." Twenty crossed his arms, seated on the black leather couch of my office, leg over the other. I hum, uninterested.

"High school boys really know how to live, shit 's gettin' annoyin' as hell." I let out a low chuckle as Shin went on with his irritated rambling, peeling through every layer of vexation he possibly possesses.

"You jus' know life 's fuckin' shitty when squeaky ass kids dance around in gang uniforms and yer' twenty sumthin' ass is stuck in a depressing gutter."

"It can't be that bad..." I hum, setting my paperwork down. A tick mark popped up on Shin's forehead, he scowled, cocking a brow at me. "Kumichō, aren't ya' their fuckin' age?"

"One year older. Don't even know my age you little shit? And you call yourself my student?" rolling my eyes, I huff.

He stays quiet, looking out my window. "Hey, that Mikey kid..."

I hum, fully focused with Twenty now. "He's... weird. Smiles, acts like a child with potty training up for due, illogically stupid... but he's not what he makes himself out to be, is he?" Twenty staidly holds his gaze deep into mine, dagger for a dagger.