why was i chosen?!

not long after the girls fallen asleep i sit at a table by skys bed. i was thinking about why i was chosen. i was still strugling to figur tht out. its been 5 years and i still dont know why i was brout here to protect her. she's got a loveing father. shes pritty the only down fall she has is cancer.
i still dont know why after my father killed me why i wolk up next to skys crib. or even why he did kill me. i did as i was told i stayed out of his way. but he still killed me. i was hoping if he ever did kill me i would be with my mommy but i gess being a protecter i have no chose but to protect sky.

as i sat at the table i see a bright light in the middle of the room. i stand up and then walk to it. i then go to tuch the light when i feel someone hug me. In reaction i hug them back. wondering who or wht was huging me.
"knight its me" the voice was of a women mabe no older then 25 said. she almost sonded like my.....
"your mother." it it is my mother! but why is she here how is she here i wonder
"m...mommy...?" i say in more of a question.
" yes sweet hart its me... im so sorry your father gave you the same fate as i. but god gave you a chance at a life.. a life of the chosen. chose you to protect sky. as she grows up she is going to need someone by her side to help her with evrything she is going to go through"
"so thts why im here is to protect her. and be by her side?"
"yes my son it is. i want you to be strong for her. i love you"
" i love you too mommy" i say as she vanishes.

i then walk over to skys bed and lay next to her as sleep consums me.