An angry witch

Shiva hovered near Harry as he walked in the rows between the tents with Fleur leaning on his shoulder. Hermione walked on her other side watching carefully in case the younger girl was needed. Sirius flanked Hermione maintaining a lookout in case there were any stragglers involved in the riot.

Eventually they came to the grouping of tents housing the Veela contingent. Fleur caught sight of her mother arguing with a man in the British Aurors robes near the entrance to the cluster of tents. She silently pointed them out to the others and they shuffled closer.

"…I do not care what you zink happened, little man!" Apolline's snarling voice carrying through the air caused Fleur to wince. She was exceedingly thankful that her mother had managed to control her rage enough that a light coating of feathers was the only manifestation visible. It had been a very long time since she'd seen her mother quite so incensed. The last time, fireballs had ended up raining from the sky. "You have tree witnesses zat those men assaulted my daughter. If you wish to avoid an international inzident you will stop arguing about zese idiots and FIND HER!"

"Let me speak to her," Fleur said quietly to the others. "When my muzzer regains her accent, you know she is…tense."

"Ma'am there are many injured," the Auror said in a condescending voice. "These citizens were the only fatal casualties. Of course we are searching for your daughter. She is a material witness and will need to be questioned."

"Are the 'citizens' you speak of the group that azzaulted me?" Fleur asked speaking loudly as they came up behind the two.

"Fleur!" Apolline shouted. She pushed past the Auror and swept up to her daughter quickly running her eyes over the younger girl. "I do not zee blood or wounds. Why are you leaning on zis man?"

"I was hit in ze head, maman. Most of the…disorientation?" Fleur asked looking to Hermione who nodded back. "Disorientation has passed but I am still a leetle unsteady. 'arry is helping. 'e and 'ermione saved me from ze men you were discussing."

Apolline nodded. She gave Harry and Hermione a critical glance then took in Shiva and Sirius. She took a deep breath and the feathers covering her arms started to be absorbed back into the skin. "You are unharmed otherwise?"

"Oui. Zey came before zose 'orrible men had a chance to do much of anyzing beyond leave a bruise or two."

The Auror came up with a scowl on his face. "Fleur Delacour I am going to have to bring you in to the Ministry to answer questions about the recent deaths."

Sirius' eyebrows raised and his posture stiffened. "Really? It's Scrimgeour, right?" At the Auror's nod, Sirius continued, "Well if I may be so bold, we overheard that you had some witnesses. Why are you taking Fleur and not Harry or Hermione? They were involved in the fight as well, you know. For that matter why do you seem to be treating this girl as if she's a criminal instead of a victim?"

"I'll thank you not to tell me how to do my job," Scrimgeour snapped.

"Fleur!" a shout rang out. Fleur turned and saw her father hurrying forward with a monocle clad woman following behind him. "You are alright!" He pulled up short as he noticed the others near her and his eyes widened. "Mon Dieu. Lord Black, Monsieur Potter, I assume you were the ones to find my daughter? I cannot thank you enough."

"Actually, papa, 'arry and 'ermione were ze ones who assisted me," Fleur said. A moment later what he said registered and she gasped twisting to look at the young man who was supporting her. "Potter? 'arry Potter?"

Harry winced but nodded. "Guilty."

"You could 'ave said somezing…" Fleur said shaking her head.

Harry just closed his eyes is resignation. "I really prefer just Harry," he muttered.