Ch. 22: The Next Step

Start from the beginning

"Just saying, you guys took way too long to give me at least one planet, treating me like some sort of little pebble that has to beg for what is suppose to be normal. But that's pointless by now, he won and we lost." Pink said, gritting her teeth.

"Don't remind me." Yellow said with a growl, standing up. "Homeworld is going to change because of this and I don't like it."

The atmosphere in the arena was tense, the aftermath of the battle settling in. The defeated Diamonds were grappling with the reality of their loss and the implications it carried. Black Diamond's victory had reshaped the power dynamics of Homeworld, and the repercussions were only beginning to unfold. Black Diamond, with an air of authority and a newfound sense of accomplishment, stepped forward.

"Well, it seems like the odds were in my favor this time. Earth remains under my jurisdiction, and my faction's influence will undoubtedly expand." Black Diamond said.

Pink Diamond huffed in annoyance at Black Diamond's smugness, but she knew there was truth in his words.

"Fine, you've made your point. Just remember that we won't let this be the end of it." She said, crossing her arms.

"We need to figure out how to move forward strategically. This loss doesn't define us. We'll find a way to regain our standing." Blue Diamond said as she stood up, rubbing her temples as she processed the situation.

Yellow Diamond clenched her fists, her determination flaring.

"She's right. We've faced challenges before. We'll adapt, we'll evolve, and we'll show the galaxy that we are still the dominant force." Yellow said.

White Diamond, typically composed and stoic, spoke up with a mix of caution and wisdom.

"Let us not make impulsive decisions. We must analyze the situation thoroughly and formulate a plan that ensures our resurgence." She said to the trio.

"Maybe you can do that but I have other ideas for Earth." Black Diamond said with a smile.

"Like what?" Pink asked, confused and curious.

"Like moving my entire faction from Homeworld to Earth." Black Diamond said.

"WHAT?!" Pink Diamond shouted, loud enough to silence the entire arena and crowd as they looked to them. "YOU'RE GOING TO MOVE YOUR ENTIRE FACTION TO EARTH?!"

"Why not? It is my planet and my faction can't stay in the crust of Homeworld forever. They need an entire planet to thrive in." Black Diamond said with a smile. "A place where they don't have to hide and can be free to be themselves."

Hearing this, Black's inner circle was surprised and excited. One pink gem was especially excited as she was nearly bouncing in place.

"Whoho! We are getting a new home, guys!" Spinel said in eagerness. "I'm gonna have a place with plants again!"

'It'll be my chance to make a new garden.....one WITHOUT her!' Spinel thought, glancing at Pink for a movement.

"I can't wait to see all the water there, Black stood me a lot about the planet." Lapis said with a smile.

"It is a very calming planet. I should know, I was born there." Jasper said with a nod.

"Are we going there anytime soon?" Rhodonite asked, nervous and excited.

"We'll have to wait for Black to confirm it but I am excited." Aquamarine said with a smile.

"Hopefully before Padparadscha reforms." Topaz said, remembering the smaller gem.

"Agreed." the Rutile twins said.

"But what about all the life on Earth?" Pink asked him.

"It will still be there but in special sections. I'm not going to destroy the planet to make a second Homeworld but it will be Homeworld-esk." Black Diamond said.

Pink Diamond's expression shifted from frustration to a more thoughtful demeanor.

"I understand the need for your faction to thrive, but we also have a responsibility to the life that already inhabits Earth. We can't simply disregard the ecosystems and beings that have developed there." Pink Diamond argued.

Black Diamond nodded, acknowledging her point before he delivered a counter point.

"I'm not planning to erase the existing life on Earth. The new Homeworld won't encroach upon the vital habitats and ecosystems. We'll establish designated areas where Gems can reside and build, without causing irreversible harm." He said, his hands behind his back.

"Designated areas?" Blue Diamond questioned, skepticism evident in her tone. "Are we really capable of containing the influence of an entire faction without altering the planet's natural balance?"

"It won't be easy, I admit," Black Diamond replied, his voice tinged with a sense of contemplation. "But with careful planning and cooperation, we can find a way to coexist. We must learn from our past mistakes and ensure that Earth doesn't suffer as it did before."

"The Earth never suffered." Yellow said to him.

"Maybe not but it could've. Like all the other planets you all terraformed and took over." Black Diamond said, shaking his head.

Blue just sighs and decides this is enough. Especially after such a humiliating defeat.

"I'm going to my chambers." Blue said with a sigh, turning to leave.

I hate to say it but I think I will join you. I've had enough humiliation for one day." Yellow Diamond said, following Blue as they leave for their ships.

White Diamond stayed as she stared down at Black Diamond, unmoving and silent as she collects her thoughts.

"...Do as you wish, Black, but don't come crying to us when your plans for Earth fall apart." White Diamond said to him.

Amidst the tension and clashing viewpoints, White Diamond's voice held an air of finality that hung in the arena. As Blue and Yellow Diamonds made their exits, the space seemed to grow quieter, the weight of their absence amplifying the gravity of the situation. Black Diamond remained composed, meeting White Diamond's unwavering gaze.

"I'll be fine because I won't let them fall apart." Black Diamond said to her.

White Diamond turned to leave as Pink watched her, shocked that even SHE wasn't going to stop this.

"But White! He-"

"Pink, it's over." White Diamond said, stopping for a moment. "Don't worry, we'll find you a new planet, but Earth remains in Black's control. Accept it and move on."

You can say Pink was the one most FRUSTRATED out of all of this, it felt like when she finally got what she wanted, someone took it away from her again. But throwing a tantrun now would be just another excuse for her so call sisters to say she is not acting like a diamond, so with a heavy heart she closed her anger to it and walked away, but not before giving a glare towards Black.

'This isn't over, Black. I swear it isn't over.' Pink thought.