Ch. 12: Dark Heat and Gold Light, Clash of Wills

The arena was full of gems once more, this time gems from Yellow's court and gems from Black Diamond's growing court. The clear difference between Yellow's court gems was that the ones that went over to Black's court were all black clothing with a diamond on their chest with a dark color of their former court. Yellow Diamond sat in the middle of the arena in a mediating position while her Pearl stood by her, ignoring the mumbling of the crowd as she waited for her opponent.

'Black, I swear that you will fall this day.' she thought as her gem flashed with energy before dulling down. 'You won't win like you did against Pink and Blue, not with what I have hidden.'

"Why does it feel like today is more serious then the previous battles?" Spinel asked as she looked around to the crowd.

"Because Yellow Diamond is a tough gem, toughest of them all." Lapis said, showing up after flying around the arena. "Beating her in in a fight won't be easy."

"If that's true, then White will be a cake walk after this." Black said with confidence but was still cautious. "I can tell she's been training for this. She more ready for me than Pink and Blue were combined. This is gonna be tough."

"Don't worry. You can do it, Black" Right Rutile said.

"Yeah. You trained too, trust in it." Left Rutile said.

Why were the Rutile twins in the arena floor? Black decided to make a statement and show that he accepts all into his court, even defects and fusions, so he revealed all of the Off Colors were a part of his court as they stood in the arena with him.

'I wonder how White will react to my statement hehe.' Black thought before turning to his inner circle, his closest friends.

"Thanks, guys." Black Diamond said with a smile.

"Any time, nervousness or not." Rhodonite said as she tried to not hide away from all of the eyes on them right now.

"We should head to the stands, it looks like Yellow is about ready to fight." Fluorite said as she looked at Yellow, who stopped meditating and opened her eyes.

Black could tell there was surprise and slight disgust in her eyes but kept her composure before looking to him.

"So you're opening your court to these types of gems, too?" she said calmly to Black.

"It's unsightly, my diamond." Yellow Pearl said as she looked away from the Off Colors.

"Just because they were born different, it doesn't mean they deserve to be treated like they don't even exist. Do you think they wanted to look like that? But no, you and the others don't care. I bet you would shatter any gem who looks slightly misshapen because you can just make another one, right? But I'm different, I see valor in all gems." Black Diamond said with pride.

Every gem in Black's court clapped and cheered for him, some even fusing with another since they don't need to hide it anymore. It even got some cheers from Yellow's side as a few were sneaking off to Black Diamond's side.

"Hmm, interesting words but they are just words." Yellow Diamond said as she stood up, towering over Black, his court in the arena, and her Pearl. "Pearl, you know what to do."

"Yes, my diamond." Yellow Pearl said as she turned and ran out of the arena floor.

"Girls, clear out." Black said to them.

"Your speech will be great, Black." Padparadscha said with a smile.

"We believe in you." Rutile Twins said with smiles.

'I promise I won't. I'm not gonna let any of you down.' He thought, clenching his fist.

The Off-Colors walked off the arena floor with Spinel and Lapis staying to move between Black Diamond and Yellow Diamond. They decided to co-referee and announce the match together. The communication screens were active as usual and zoom in on Lapis an Spinel as they smirked at each other.