Lies and Soulmates

Izuku smiled happily at Kirishima from across their classroom, he never would have thought the boy was his soulmate but the band around his wrist was red like his hair.

__________________

Sometimes he got an odd feeling from his boyfriend but that would probably go away, they were soulmates and he probably wasn't used to it yet. He was always told he would never have a soulmate, how could anyone love him? But Eijirou said he did and that was enough for him.

_________________

Izuku fiddled with his makeup, Kirishima had sprung their evening out with some classmates upon him too soon and he barely had enough time to cover up the bruises on his face.

He could have told someone what was happening but that would make them think Eijirou was a bad person and they would be separated. He didn't want to be without his soulmate after waiting so long to find them.

___________________

Izuku watched from across the club, waiting for his boyfriend to remember they were there together but instead the redhead was deep in conversation with none other than Katsuki Bakugo.

He took another drink and watched Kirishima's sleeve slip down to show the soulmate colour he always kept covered at home. The one that was currently ash blonde.

___________________

Izuku scrolled frantically though his phone while tears blurred his eyes, if he could just message someone to ask for a place to stay everything would be alright.

___________________

"Are you alright?" Asked a voice from behind him.

Izuku turned around to see Shoto Todoroki with a concerned look on his face, he wiped away his tears and sniffed slightly "Yeah I'm fine" he laughed slightly "You can tell I'm lying" the worry never disappeared from his classmate's face.

Their surroundings seemed to blur as they locked eyes and Izuku almost missed the band that was revealed, the one that was coloured a shade of dark green.

"You" he gasped in shock, his real soulmate has always been near him all this time. He just didn't realise it due to his stupid false realities.

"But why didn't I have any white" he sniffled angrily "This wouldn't have happened if I had two colours" Shoto sighed and pulled him close.

"It's right here" he whispered and brought his face to Izuku's slowly, as if waiting for him to decline and go back to Kirishima. But he could feel his now ex-boyfriend watching and slammed into his new soulmate.

___________________

They pulled away panting and Shoto brushed back Izuku's sleeve to reveal a strip of white forming on his other wrist.

"Bit of a stupid system if you ask me" he laughed dryly, making Izuku giggle along with him "Yeah, I guess it is".

____________________

Heavy footsteps echoed across the room and Izuku spotted a flash of red approaching, Shoto shot up from his seat immediately but was pulled back down.

Izuku cracked his fingers "Martial art lessons as a child, don't fail me now" he muttered and swung his fist into Kirishima's face, seeing a tooth fly from his mouth and sending him to the ground. He stood on an area that would be felt when he woke up for good measure before grabbing Shoto and leaving.

"Good luck having kids with that asshole" he called to Katsuki before leaving.

_________________

"That was satisfying" he smiled while gazing up at Shoto while they stood in an alleyway outside the club.

"You did great" Shoto pressed a kiss to his forehead and they both huddled closer for warmth.

"I'm hungry now" Izuku looked at him with puppy eyes, giving the aura of innocence as Shoto sighed.

"Fine let's go" Izuku skipped away while Shoto ran after him

"I didn't say where" called Shoto after him while running in the opposite direction as fast as he could. Ignoring the screams from his soulmate.

__________________

Just wanted to do a quick AU that gave me inspiration before I tried to sleep

638 words